Chapter Twenty-Two: The Professor's Discussion.

Reed leaned back in his seat tiredly. His mind lost as he looked over the paper work, along with Luna's tests that they had been running. Jewel was typing on her screen, as if she were trying to get everything she remembered written before it was forgotten.

Professor Reed leaned back in his seat and took a deep breath. The male gave a light shake of his head before pointing at the readings, "Have you seen this? Alone Luna's brain waves are normal like yours or mine. She doesn't seem to have any sort of differences so long that Zi-0 isn't around. Now, I decided to take a scan of them together, and look at this."

Professor Reed stood up and made his waived to Professor Jewel, "Look at Luna's waves when she is with Zi-0. The jumps are constant and sporadic. It's like a million things are going on in her head that she can't control." Reed typed into his computer and moved over and sat down in his seat. A large screen pulled up as he looked over it, "It's remarkable!"

Professor Jewel chuckled softly. This was the first time that the crew had gotten anywhere with their work. For some time they had been left in the dark, but now the stars were lighting up the room. The female rolled her eyes before standing up and moving over to Reed, "Perhaps it's due to a special connection. If it is true that they work in a hive then that must mean that Luna's mind is just working to control her people. If one female is solely in charge of the rest, then it's no wonder Luna has such a strong connection with Zio." Jewel cocked her head lightly, "Where are you getting at with this, Reed?"

"Here, look at Luna's brain waves. Now, I took a scan of Zi-0's as well to see if their were any sort of similarities. Maybe a way to explain why they don't have any difficulties communicating, but look." Professor Reed pulled up Zio's brain waves, "At first glance, they could be assumed to be different, but after I took the two and layered them on one another," He clicked the button and the two rested on top of one another; revealing that there was no sort of change in either. The pictures were identical, "They have the exact same feelings. These two are connected in such a extraordinary way. It's possible that Zi-0 could trigger some sort of anomaly in Luna. Perhaps even open up parts of her that none of us could understand. She is a special one, Jewel. Luna has such a heart, I couldn't imagine them hurting her." Professor Reed leaned back before letting out a soft sigh. The male still seemed concerned, "What if they find out? They could kill them."

Professor Jewel shook her head lightly, "I don't believe so. After looking at this, it will benefit us in the long run. Luna is the only thing making it capable for us to even remotely understand the Irinaut. Zio and I have been having our usual talks. He is quite honest when Luna isn't around. He has so much hidden knowledge. Jewel smiled lightly, "I could sit and talk to him all day." Though she couldn't understand him, Jewel paid close mind to body language. They had made it easier to talk by letting Zio write. Of course, it took a while for him to consider, but he finally began to take his time to explain himself to them, "He loves her. All her people will love her. Zio has been honest with me about his feelings towards her, but it seems that they've been avoiding each other. I haven't been able to get Luna to sit in a room with Zio to just, well, talk." Jewel sighed softly as she walked over to her computer and sat down, "Zio wants to understand her, and he wants her to feel the way he does." Jewel sat down and sighed softly, "They do have a clear connection though but with Luna being a Irinaut hybrid, she could be choosy over her mate. Even unsure of how. I don't believe she's ever mentioned sex. She still doesn't seem to remember where she came from in the first place."

The dark skinned male shook his head before removing his glasses, "Miss Luna is shy. You shouldn't expect her to fall in love with something that she is afraid of. She is the only one of her kind that we know of. She's scared, and clearly not ready for any sort of intercourse. Zi-0 is much to big. You shouldn't be trying to play God, Jewel. Luna could very well be sterile because of her genes, and what about the child? Captain Strong would put two and two together before we could even explain ourselves." Reed sighed softly before running his hands over his face. The male seemed frustrated and tired, "Why are we doing this to her?"

"Because she knows it has to be done, Reed." Jewel heard the crew talking about. They all were close, and being together always seemed to be home to them, "She could be the key to a cure for the spore infection. Or if not a cure, a queen. If she is capable of keeping the infected queen from controlling Zio's mind, who's to say that she couldn't help bring others out of it as well?"

"We couldn't prove that. The only way we could do that is to find a irinaut without the infection, bur we haven't seen one since we first arrived." Reed shook his head lightly, "Zio is the only one that hasn't been infested with the spores."

Professor Jewel grinned, "We could trap one, couldn't we?"