Chapter Five: Zi-0.

Professor Jewel's eyes widened. She clapped her hands together quickly, "A live one? Are they going to allow us to interrogate it? Perhaps we can learn some things about their culture, maybe even get it to speak to us. I understand we've been asleep for nearly two hundred years, surely they've already spoken to them!" Jewel walked about. She seemed quite happy that she was going to be able to meet one, "How long have they had it? Is it female?" Professor Jewel pulled out her clipboard and quickly began to write down a list of questions. She had so much to ask the Irinaut, and the more she thought about it, the more questions that she had.

Doctor Garret's brow raised. He quickly gave a light shake of his head at her questions, "No, I'm afraid not. According to Captain Strong, they haven't made contact with a Irinaut since we left Earth," Garret brushed his fingers through his white hair; glancing over at Luna for a moment, "He believes it's our fault they attacked, but we can't be for sure. Until he gets more solid answers, we'll be safe on the ship, from the humans anyway."

Doctor Garret walked over and looked in the large glass container and one of the rotting Irinaut corpses, "No, another male. Seems they don't let their female's linger outside their ships, but as we've theorized there's the string possibility of them being like a hive. Perhaps a queen to keep their reproduction up." Garret rambled to himself as he walked about. He mumbled quietly as he ran his fingers over the glass, "Captain Strong requested that only Professor Jewel and Reed accompany me. I hope the rest of you understand but Zi-0 has been in their custody for some time." He motioned for the two of them to follow, but quickly pointed at Luna, "Luna, my dear, he requested your presence as well," Doctor Garret seemed uncomfortable with only bringing the two professors, but obeyed.

Ian and Sam's eyes widened. The twins crossed their arms in sync as they looked at Luna, "You're taking her?" They both said. Neither of them seemed quite happy with his request, but didn't argue to much. If course they all had waited quite some time just to get to the Solar Sun, and the thought of seeing a live Irinaut was extraordinary. Especially since there were few records of them being captured alive.

"Ian, Sam, why don't the two of you work on the blood work and get a few data analysis of that leech and what is left of the corpses. Perhaps you two can find something out while we're gone. As for you Bruno, just, watch my boy's, alright?"

Bruno rolled his eyes. The male grinned and glanced over at the twins, "I'll protect them, Jewel. Got nothing to worry about." He saluted her. Even if Bruno was rather rude and obnoxious most of the time, it was clear that he cared for his crew, just as they did him. Only he chose to show it less.

Luna shifted a bit. Her golden eyes glistened softly as she looked about. "I didn't ask for this," She mumbled. Though, Jewel and Reed quickly coaxed her along down to the room. Of course, they wished for her to go to see the live Irinaut. They wanted to see what made them so drawn to her, and why they found her so interesting. It could lead to vital discoveries that the human race would need in order to survive. Luna was their last successful find. They needed her as much as she needed them.

When they arrived at the room, Luna looked around in a nervous manner. The room was dark and a large curtain rod with them very well closed on the wall. The room they were in, were filled with lab equipment for other workers, a good number of guards, and finally, Captain Strong. Reed and Jewel were quick to bow their heads at Strong in respect, and fear.

Luna followed their motion, only because her gut told her to. She placed her hand on her own shoulder before letting out a nervous sigh. All of this was so strange and now, was beginning to frighten her.

Captain Strong was a broad man. He stood a good seven and a half foot tall. He was lean. The male was quite handsome with his auburn red beard and hair. His hair was kept nicely, and he seemed to be very assertive. "Professor Reed, Professor Jewel, it's great to finally meet the two of you. I didn't realize how lovely you were going to be." He winked at Jewel before grinning lightly as he turned his attention back to the glass wall.