Chapter Thirty-Three: The Chained Memories

Luna walked down the halls quietly. Her arms crossed as she moved at a rather quickened pace. The hybrid's eyes were puffy with tears, and she didn't understand what was going on anymore and more importantly, who she was. For some time she had craved the idea of regaining her memories so that she could have some part of herself. Oddly, the alpha she was closest to had known her all along. Who was she really? Everything had just seemed to consume itself. Luna could possibly never regain back her memory. The girl didn't seem to like that idea. She wanted to know the truth about them, about all of the things that were being kept from her. She had the genes of a queen, and she must of had known them for some time. Who was she really? Who were they?

The blonde let out a heavy sigh as she finally made it back to the pool room. This section of the ship belonged to the small group of Irinauts. Luna came here quite often to just rest and enjoy herself. The males seldom came down here, and right now, the only thing she wanted to do was dive into the warm pool. As she dropped her towel Luna looked into the blue lit water. She let out a deep breath before jumping in. Her eyes shut tightly for a moment as she allowed herself to sink to the bottom. Her arms wrapped around her frame as she leaned her head up and looked up at the top of the water. 'Why don't I just stay down here?' She thought to herself, 'Why do I hold on to this hope that always is so close, but far enough that I can't reach it?' The hybrid rested quietly under the water. Her lungs were beginning to burn as she held her breath, but she didn't move.

Suddenly, a splash was heard. Her attention turned towards it as she saw a dark figure moving towards her. Luna tensed and quickly used her hands and feet to push herself up to the top, but something locked tightly around her waist and pulled her up a bit faster before pressing her back against the side of the pool. She gasped, tensing as she attempted to understand what had happened. Luna's breathing was heavy as she lightly shifted against the tightened arms. When her vision finally cleared, she gasped, seeing Fex, a rather upset male.

Fex breathed heavily. A low snarl escaped his lips as he looked down at Luna. He gave a stubborn shake of his head as a soft whine escaped his throat, 'Luna, please do not hate me.' He wrapped his arm around her waist before pulling her in close. The ruby eyed male leaned in and kissed her forehead softly, 'You're not a fish.' He explained, 'You need to breathe, whether you wish it or not.' He pressed his forehead to hers as he let out a soft chirp. His body steamed from the warm water and beads pearled up on his dark blue skin, 'I-I wanted to tell you. I didn't want to hide it. I-I thought I was never going to see you again.' He looked down, 'I did get greedy, but it was only because I turned it into a competition it shouldn't had been.' Fex continued to rub her hips as his lips trailed her shoulder, 'You were going to pick Zio to be the first, and I knew that. I-I got jealous. I did try to hurt you, but I stopped, and when you ran there was nothing I could do. It's hard to keep up with a queen that doesn't want found, and I'm sorry. Don't be mad at Zio. You should be upset with me.' It was strange to hear a Irinaut call himself wrong. At least to Luna it was. Zio was extremely knowledgeable, and often backed up by Professor Jewel quite often. Fex let out a loud whine, 'Dammit, look at me Luna.'

Her heart was pounded. The hybrid's eyes widened as Fex pulled her frame firmly against his. She gasped softly; gripping his arm tightly as his hands locked around her hips. Her cheeks flushed deeply as she pressed back against the pool wall and turned her head, but as his lips began to trail her neck, the queen let out a heavy breath. Luna's golden eyes glowed brightly as she felt her frame pressed against his. Oddly, the blonde couldn't force herself to look up at him. Fex had her just as flustered as Zio often got her, but suddenly her chin was grabbed, and a passionate kiss was locked against her lips. Luna attempted to pull back, Fex held the back of her head gently. His red veins pulsed in his skin as he let out a low chirp. Her cheeks flushed, but suddenly, something happened. She had strange visions it seemed almost as suppressed memories forced themselves out. Both Zio and Fex. Short, but none bad. One, of her and Fex resting under the stars, and another of the two of them running off to hide away with one another. The two had been like brothers once, and protected her with their lives.

Luna's eyes swelled with tears. She pressed herself to Fex. The kiss that had once been frozen in time, was now passionate and sweet. Her hands were brought up as she held his cheeks. Her breathing had gotten heavier, "What happened to the two of you, Fex? Why did you try to hurt me? Why couldn't you wait?"

The blue male let out a heavy dominant growl as she pulled away even for a moment. Fan like fins expanded on the sides of his neck lightly as he let out a low whine. His mouth had wrapped around her neck as he bit down lightly, 'I was jealous. Zio was your first guard. You two were in love long before ours blossomed. I shouldn't of gotten that way. It was your baring time. You were ready to lock, and I got impatient. I-I'm sorry. Zio hates me because I lost the most important thing the two of us had.' Fex rubbed her hips, 'You don't know how long I've craved just one more kiss from you.' He whined, 'I was so afraid I'd never get that pleasure again.' He chirped.

'Well, you did,' Zio pushed the door open the rest of the way. Seeming to be coming to apologize as well, but he seemed to be able to tell. The male let out a soft breath, 'Luna, I should of told you in the beginning. I was just so angry. I never thought I would see you again, and Fex, I don't hate you, but I'd rather not sit and watch you touch her until you get MY say, hmm?' He grunted, "The Captain comes down here uninvited. Perhaps we should go back and talk in the room?'

'Just talk?'