Chapter Twenty-Four: The Twins.

A few days had passed. During that time, Luna and Zio had been left alone. Usually someone would had come to see them by now or at least make sure that they were doing well. The only people that had came were the ones with their groceries. Zio had a large appetite. Everything seemed to interest him.

Luna stood in the kitchen cooking eggs and ham slices for breakfast. She swayed her hips about as the music played on the radio. She giggled softly as she threw in the remaining bacon. Luna had been getting it ready the last few mornings. She hadn't noticed how difficult the stove was for Zio to use until recently. It seemed his height gave him issues everywhere. Finding clothes or even just getting through the ship seemed to always cause a problem, "Zio? Are you ready to eat?" Luna looked over at him. She lifted up the pan and smiled, "Bacon is done."

Zio looked at Luna. The male huffed quietly and nodded. He stood up and made his way into the kitchen. The Irinaut grabbed a hold of Luna and held her closely. The male leaned down and buried his face in her shoulder, 'Do you think they'll question us?' He kissed her neck tenderly before lifting his head up. 'I don't trust them.'

Luna gasped softly. She leaned up against him and hugged him tightly, "I'm not telling them anything. We just, won't mention anything. If they found out I'm not sure what they would do." The blonde looked up at him before nodding her head nervously, "They don't need to know anything. We'll just tell them what you thought and see where it goes from there. Maybe we can find your..our people. We could have a place to call home." Luna smiled softly. She wrapped her arms around his waist before resting her forehead against his chest, "It's worth a shot isn't it?"

Zio nodded lightly, understanding that she had no interest in telling them about their locking. Jewel knew that the large Irinaut had feelings for Luna, but not of Luna's own.

He nuzzled her lightly before letting out a soft sigh. 'I suppose it's worth the chance. Perhaps it could turn out to benefit all of us. A second chance for us. All of us, that is, if everyone chooses to cooperate.' He bowed his head lightly to Luna before giving her a soft kiss against her cheek, 'Let's eat.'

___________

After their meal was finished and they had cleaned everything up, the two started getting ready for Jewel and Reed to come downstairs. Of course, they were greeted by someone else. Sam and Ian.

The twins opened the door; smiling lightly at the two sitting on the couch, "Zi-0! Luna!" Both male's cocked their heads lightly. "We were hoping you'd be awake. You all are off everyone else's schedule it seems."

"Nocturnal."

"You forgetting the only reason we have a night and day is because of those time changing windows."

"So what?"

The twins argued back and forth. Zio had issues distinguishing them, even if one wore glasses. The Irinaut male let out a low growl before opening his mouth and huffing, 'Stop arguing, you both are already getting on my nerves.'

Sam and Ian turned their attention to the two of them. They both gave a light roll of their shoulders to Zio, "Relax, Zio, we're actually going to go do something interesting today. We talked to Jewel and Reed, and they granted us permission to well, fight with you."

"Ian!" The male with the glasses turned to his twin. His brow raised at his comment. He shook his head lightly before crossing his arms, "What he means to ask is if you will show us what you can do? We wanted to do some brain scans while you were fighting. Just to see what is going on in your mind during battle."

Ian rolled his eyes before giving Sam a stubborn glare, "We also had a few questions about your leeches. The appendages on your head. We just, we'd like to know." Ian looked towards Sam, "You need to quit being so afraid to ask."

Zio growled lowly as the two brother's argued back and forth. He mumbled under his breath before giving a light shake of his head. The male lightly cocked his head before turning his attention away, 'My name is Zio.' He hissed, 'You wish to fight? Fine, but I hope you both can handle me.' He growled. His eyes flashed as they called the appendages on his head leeches, 'They're not parasites like leeches.' Zio hummed as he walked towards them. The Irinaut male bent down in front of them before lightly grabbing the larger one's on his head, 'They are as smart as I am.' He chirped, 'They are called Veks, and they serve more then one purpose.'

Ian and Sam backed away quickly as Zio approached, but when Luna moved forward with him to show it was alright, the two eased up and began to watch Zio's movements; both quite curious to what he had to say.

Luna tilted her head lightly as she listened. The blonde smiled lightly before reaching her hand up and touching the appendages, "He said his name is Zio, not Zi-0, and these "leeches" are Veks." Luna leaned forward and looked up at Zio, "He said he'll fight you." The female gave a soft bow of her head, "He just hopes the two of you can handle him."

The twins grinned at one another as if it were a sexual joke. The two often had a immature sense of humor. Ian more so then Sam. The two merely pulled the door open and offered the two of them to come out with them.

Sam adjusted his glasses as he smiled at the two Irinauts, "Come on, I want to see what all you can do."