Chapter Thirty-Seven: Waking Up

"Zio, Fex, both of you stop it!"

The gym was rather busy for the Irinaut's. Sam and Ian were finally preparing for their brawl with the male Irinaut's. Asking them how they were capable of predicting several moves ahead of time. Sam was busy hooking up monitors to both of the Alphas, but in the midst, the large male's had began snarling back and forth at one another.

Zio's eyes sparked in neon greens as a hiss escaped his throat, 'Fex, you're not listening dammit. How is the queen so closely connected at this range? Do you think I even remember how I got here? How you got here?'

Fex rolled his ruby colored eyes as his mouth expanded. The leeches going down his head pulsed with yellows and reds, 'You think I know, Zio? The spores could just be mimicking the infected queen's command. We're not even close to Home World, Zio.'

Luna, was talking to Ian at the time; asking questions regarding everything going on with her own memories, "I remember waking up here and parts of Zio and Fex." She mumbled softly as she turned to look at the two of them, "Ian, do you remember how you ended up here? On this ship? Or even, getting off the other one?" Luna tilted her head lightly before crossing her arms to her chest.

Ian's brow raised. He looked around for a moment before rubbing the back of his head, "Luna, you passed out before we boarded, and Sam and I we-" Ian frowned as he set down his paper journal, "We woke up inside a room together." The raven haired male shifted a bit, "I'm going to consult Professor Jewel and Professor Reed about the matter. Alright?" Ian leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Just keep it to your-"

'Self?' It was synchronized between the two Alpha Irinaut's. They cocked their heads to the side as Fex wrapped his hand around Luna's shoulder before pulling her back behind him with a heavy huff. Fex glanced over at Zio, then back at Ian.

Zio closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. The entire room had gone dead silent. He rolled his shoulders lightly, 'They removed my collar, given us a separate part of the ship and for what?' The male shrieked out a bit as his jaw expanded up his cheek and revealed his mouth layered with teeth, 'We keep hearing we're going to land, but why haven't we yet?' The male huffed, seeming uneasy.

Ian had gone silent. The male wouldn't dare look Zio in the eyes, "Luna, what's he want? What have I done wrong?" Ian shifted as he attempted to move back.

"Zio, Fex, stop! What the hell is wrong with you two?" Luna moved in front of Ian, "We're all under stress right now. I know we're all are tired of the tests, but it's to help us, so instead of getting upset about it, just be glad we haven't made it there yet."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that."

______

"PUT THE FUCKING GUNS DOWN, STRONG!" Professor Jewel screamed out. Another soldier held her at gun point. Reed, stood next to Strong. Fex's Yetis stood in front of Luna with the Alpha's at the side. Eyes glowing, and a strange fume escaping both their mouths. Professor Jewel held her hands up, "Why won't any of you explain what is going on!?"

Captain Strong walked forward slowly as a grin began stretching over his face before a soft chuckle came from him, "Do you really think we haven't been listening to anything that's been going on? That we were unaware of what has been going on behind out backs? A hybrid human? Did you all take me as a fool? Did you really think I believed she was completely human and capable of talking to these animals?"

'Animal!?' Zio took a step forward, looking his head and snarling, 'You got a lot of nerve.'

"Y-You've been watching us this entire time?.." Luna pushed through them before moving closer. Her golden eyes had taken on a bright glow, and her pupils had become slit, "Animal? If that's the case I'd rather be with them over you!" She felt something grasp her wrist tightly and pull her in. The girl slammed against the male Irinaut, her eyes widened as she was scooped up by Fex, "Fex! Put me down!"