Chapter Fifteen: The Professor's Talk.

"You saw the way he looks at her, Professor Reed. I truly think they have a bond. There is some sort of connection there. I'm sure of it." Jewel sat down at her desk before crossing her arms. She rubbed her shoulder lightly as she fell deep into thought, "Ian, Sam, have you boys finished with those samples?"

"Yes!" The two spoke perfectly in sync. Sam rubbed the back of his head lightly, "They aren't infected, but we had something interesting earlier. We had marked the blood samples that we had taken from Luna, but they seem to be missing. When we found them, they were labeled Luna but had Irinaut blood in them. Not Luna's."

"Luna's blood was put up. I made sure of it and no one has been in the lab. What was wrong with it?" Jewel approached the two of them with their magnifying scopes set next to each other. The female shook her head lightly, "What is this?"

Ian shrugged lightly as he leaned against his brother, "The sample labeled from Luna has the same cells as that of the Irinaut we took samples from. The difference in the two, is that the one's marked as Luna's blood contains white blood cells, but they seem to be merged with some of the Irinaut cells. Something that has never been seen by anyone before. Professor Jewel, perhaps this is why she can understand him? She's one of them?"

Professor Reed adjusted his glasses lightly. He shifted in his seat quietly before giving a nervous shrug, "Zi-0 was quite stern on not releasing Luna. He seems to have somehow imprinted on her perhaps? It's odd to see this done, but that could very well be the reason."

Bruno shrugged, "You've talked about a hive before. Maybe his queen bee hit the dirt." The male laughed before he ran his fingers through his red hair. The male took a deep breath as he listened to them talk, "They don't want peace. They just want to line us up for their buffet."

Jewel shook her head lightly as she moved back to her large computer, "But what if that's all they wanted? When I was in that room with Zi-0..Zio, I didn't feel threatened. His attention was locked on Luna's wishes. After seeing the way he was grabbing Luna I did some research out of my earliest studies. Irinaut's have never been female. Now based off that, I have seen male Irinauts take one another due to the lack of females, but no pregnancies."

Reed crossed his arms lightly as he walked over and looked through the scopes, "So what you're saying is-?" The male adjusted his glasses before lifting his head straight up, "Luna is a Irinaut?"

Jewel shook her head, "A hybrid. You know as well as anyone that the Irinauts DNA is miraculously similar to ours. Given the chance to reproduce a actual child, they must of took it! Earth was the perfect place to invade. They found their mates. Luna is a child of that. A girl. She alone has proved more to us then anything. That Yeti was doing the same thing that the Irinaut in there is, and that's surviving the spores just like us. I can't let them hurt her or Zio. They could change everything we know."

Reed shook his head, "Are you saying we leave Luna locked up with him? She's just a girl, and what if he did lose himself? Where would that leave this special girl?" Professor Reed walked back and forth, "We should take her out. He could kill her."

Jewel shook her head, "Zio isn't looking to hurt anyone, but I do wish to give the two of them a more private room. I'll be talking to Garrett about getting the two of them comfortable."

Doctor Garrett walked quietly into the room. His hands in his pockets as he looked at the group of people, "You all need to learn to whisper. If Captain Strong finds out that she is a hybrid, we'll be telling her goodbye. Understand this, that girl and Zi-0 need to stay together. I see it. Perhaps given the time Captain Strong could see the affection, but you're right, they both need more privacy then that empty room. I'll arrange for them to get a apartment in one of the sections being redone. Security will keep them both from leaving." Garrett rubbed the back of his head before taking a deep sigh, "This is a secret to be kept between us, you all understand that? That girl hasn't hurt a soul. Strong would see it much differently."

Bruno walked forward, "This is bullshit! We're playing zoo with a bunch of aliens! You're going to let them do what? He could kill her!"

Professor Jewel shook her head, "Luna refused to come out. She has just as much of a connection. I know she's scared, but she's aware. You saw how she acted when you almost shot him, Bruno. That girl is very special. She's a key to so much more then we could imagine."

Professor Reed shook his head, "If this is what must be done. I already know that there is no choice about this, is there?" Reed sat down and pulled off his glasses, "What if he hurts her? She's so much smaller then him. She can't protect herself." The dark skinned male rubbed his eyes tiredly, "He is a monster."

Jewel shook her head. The brunette smiled softly before giving a light shrug of her shoulders, "You didn't see what I did. The two of them have some sort of bond and it needs to be understood. Zio is a class A Irinaut. One of the few that are very powerful and capable of speaking to Luna. He could of already killed her, but hasn't. That's what makes this so much more remarkable!" As Professor Reed asked about Luna getting hurt, the woman shook her head no, "An alpha wouldn't hurt his queen."