Chapter Twenty-Seven: New Company

Zio looked about the room. Luna had let out a shrill scream as she saw the Irinaut's climbing above their heads. Two were clear brute Yetis. One dangled by one arm, another perched and stared down at them curiously. Their mouths expanded as they looked at the group below. Their pupils were large as they moved about.

One, looked like Zio but was about Zio's size, but only had a few leeches attached to his head in the middle that ran down his head and stopped at his shoulders. Unlike Zio's paled blue skin, this one was a midnight blue. His eyes were a deep red that glowed like vibrant rubies, his veins a glowing red much like his eyes, and he had bullet wounds on his side. This one was hurt, but none of them seemed to be infected. Their eyes were slit as they let out a rather loud screech, but Zio seemed rather concerned.

The large Irinaut moved forward in front of Luna, his slits on his neck began to expand as he breathed heavily. Zio moved back a bit, letting out a low growl. He lowered his head as his stance seemed to become more agile. The male was light on his feet. The Irinaut's leeches sparked in vibrant reds and deep blues. Zio was clearly angry, and well prepared to fight, but all were told to hold fire.

Luna was frozen stiff behind Zio. She clung to him; sulking against him as the enemy Irinaut's screeched down at the hybrid and her mate. She peeked out at them, speaking rather quietly to Zio, "Zio, are they infected? Why aren't they coming to?" The small female looked at the group, but they hadn't moved. Their eyes, on the Alpha's queen.

Zio clicked, expanding his mouth as he spoke rather calmly to Luna and the male's hanging above, 'One of those Irinaut's knows me, and we've never gotten along.' The male huffed, shaking his head as he moved back to Luna, 'The Queen, she seems to have a connection still on them, but they sense you, that's something.' The large male walked back and forth in front of the hybrid. Clearly, he was taking no chances, 'Infected? No, but they don't seem to be holding a connection with you very well.' Zio sulked a bit, making a loud snarl, 'They aren't close enough.'

Bruno held his gun well pointed at the three Irinaut's, looking towards Luna and Zio as they spoke to each other, "Hey, they clearly aren't waiting for you two to chat. Figure out what the hell these bastards want!" Bruno kept his gun on one held, but the Yeti's eyes never left him. All the soldiers were clearly concerned; holding their guns in a clumsy manner, seeming not as prepared.

The dark blue male screamed, suddenly jumping down. The two brute male's landed behind him, moving up behind his back as he walked forward in a rather slow manner. When he stopped, the Yeti's did as well. Clearly, he was in charge of those two, but he approached Zio and Luna. His eyes hadn't focused on the soldiers at this point, merely making his way to Zio.

Zio held Luna behind him. The other male came face to face with Zio. The two of them had become silent, letting out low snarls to one another as they moved towards one another, 'There is no reason to fight. We have a chance at life without infection. You understand?' Zio moved forward, keeping Luna well held behind him.

The dark blue male screeched as he took a step forward. His mouth expanded as he lingered, looking back at the small hybrid behind Zio. Soon, he let out a deep huff, chirping softly as a soft murr escaped his throat, 'You found our queen descendent, Zio? It's been some time. You know the law. One queen, but her,' He huffed, his pupils soon became much bigger. He huffed, moving back a bit as he held his head. He let out a loud snarl, 'We have a new queen? It took us some time for us to finally find one alive, and without infection. We need her, Zio. She can't stay here with these things.' The male seemed to be coming to the closer he got to Luna. His eyes seemed to always go back to her.

Luna shook her head and moved next to Zio. Though, the large male quickly pulled her back, "Bullshit! I'm not going anywhere with any of you. We need your help so that we can end this for everyone. The spores are going to control you until you die of infection or get your head blown off by Bruno." Luna gestured over to the soldiers. Who all seemed rather confused by the girl's interactions with the Irinaut, "If you can help us on your home planet, then maybe we have a chance of stopping this. The queen, she's still there, isn't she? How is she able to hold such a connection?"

Zio's mouth expanded as he hissed at the other Irinaut. The dark blue male was clearly another alpha, and Zio didn't seem to enjoy the presence, 'Without another Queen to connect to, it's hard to break the bond, but you're able to do it so quickly. Perhaps it's the hybrid genes that came along with it.' The large male held Luna close as he shook his head, 'She's not going anywhere with any of you. It's in your best interest to cooperate with the human's before you end up with a bomb around your neck too.' Zio hissed loudly; letting out a low growl as he huffed, 'They can't treat those wounds. Clearly, you have no healer.' Zio tapped the leech on the side of his head and grinned, 'At least, one that prevents infection.'

The blue Irinaut grinned and revealed his teeth. He moved lightly on his feet as he watched Luna. The soldiers had all gone quiet, but everyone had been told to hold fire by nearly everyone above them. The male moved about; mumbling as he looked back at the large Yetis before huffing, 'We'll go, but they need to put down the weapons.' The Irinaut gestured towards them, 'Why trust them? They've killed enough of us.'

"Because we have no other options. The spores have spread in the ship. If you want to die of infection then you go right ahead and stay here. Either way if you stay, you die. We can't trust anyone either, but it's what we have to do in order to all survive this. Your queen needs to finish her reign once and for all, and the only way we're going to do that is if we go back to your homestead and make contact with your own scientists." Luna seemed rather determined. Her heart was beating as she clung to Zio. She felt safe with him. Even now.

The Irinaut suddenly growled, rolling his eyes before looking about on the ceiling. Soon, his attention came back to Luna. He crouched down rather quickly in front of her, and the soldiers guns were directed towards him. The midnight blue male went to grab ahold of her arm, but Zio pushed her back rather quickly. The male mumbled; giving a light shake of his head, 'Lead the way, my queen.'