Chapter 3.

Ariella

I looked in the mirror, trying to button up the last button as Maddie sat on the bed.

"Does this look bussiness-y to you?" I asked, turning towards her and spreading my arms out so she could get a full view. I wore a white collar shirt and a black pencil skirt that stopped just above my knees and to top it off black flats.

"If by bussiness-y you mean ready to teach a kindergarten class, then yes, very," she looked at me sideways. "How'd you find this job anyways?"

"Well, a business man came into the restaurant and gave me his card," I was about to continue until I heard her 'ooh'ing.

"So, he just gave you his card out of nowhere?" She questioned, tilting her head again while I rummaged through my closet for my black blazer.

"No, he didnt just give me his card, I sat with him," I told her, throwing shoes off the top shelf to get to the back. Not that my height of 5'3 was helping.

"Sat with him why?" I could hear the confusion in her voice and was beginning to get annoyed.

"Because he asked me to," I said, finally finding the blazer and placing it on the bed.

Her eyes went wide as her voice got louder, and she quickly turned towards me. "And you didn't think this was something you should tell me? A hottie business man asks you to sit with him and gives you his card. This is a sign. He must've wanted to fuck." She fell back against my sheets like her mind had taken a detour into dreamland, obviously forgetting who I am.

I couldn't hold back my laugh. "Oh my god, Maddie. No, he didn't. I think he was offering me a job. Hence why I'm trying to look proffessional."

"Oh, I see now," she gave me an evil grin. "You're going to seduce him in his office. Like one of those kinky boss smuts? Am I right?"

"You're wrong," I pointed at her before giggling. "I never called him. I found a job at another company. His is actually supposed to be some kind of enemy of theirs, which is why i'm glad I didn't call because this one actually has openings."

"Yeah, you lost me at 'I never called him," I rolled my eyes before checking the time again. Ahh, close enough, I thought to myself. "Look, I'll fill you in on everything later. Can we please leave now? I don't want to be late on the first day."

"Alright, alright," she said, putting her hands up before grabbing her keys.

We followed the GPS until we reached Wall Street where we saw the building with SEO Limited engraved in blue at the very top.

I waved her 'bye' and quickly rushed inside, the nervousness beginning to kick in. I didn't even have an idea where I was supposed to go. I walked to the front desk and a woman with dirty blonde hair asked me for my name. She handed me a card and told me to go to the fifth floor. No particular person to ask for, no office to look for.

So much help, I thought, sarcastically.

I got into the elevator and pressed the fifth floor. Luckily, I was alone. I didn't have to worry about awkward smiles or people asking questions.

Once I got off, I looked for any sign that said the name of the woman I spoke to on the phone, leading me to walk around blindly.

I looked for someone to ask, when my eyes met a man. He was tall, maybe 6'3. And it was clear he was rather muscular through his black suit. He had brown hair and he looked almost unapproachable. The power he held was written all over his devilish smirk. I tried to look away, knowing someone would notice me staring, and the last thing I need is to look like some creep.