Chapter 43.

Ariella

"I call bullshit!"

My view was on Dante's closet as I stood naked, looking for a shirt to wear after I had bathed for who knows how long. Unfortunately, my eyes met nothing but suits. Maddie was on the phone as it now sat on the bed. From the loud volume of the speaker, I heard Donatello butting in at the mention of the proposal. "Dante? Settling down? No offense Ariella, but you have to have some killer pussy--"

I heard the faint sound of something --or someone -- getting hit and he suddenly released a pained groan. I let out a low giggle and shook my head at what I imagined Maddie had just done to him due to his vulgar outburst.

"Ignore him, Ariella," she scolded, then continued to coo. "I'm happy for you. You two deserve eachother."

"I never said I wasn't happy for her," Donatello snarled in an attempt to defend himself.

The two had only been together for a short amount of time -- thanks to that celebratory dinner they just had to have for Dante and I -- and they already argued like a married couple on a regular basis. I was happy for her, too. They corresponded well together and the spark she got in her eyes whenever she looked towards him was duly notable.

Remembering the time Donatello had spoken to Dante about her, my heart warmed for them. It replayed in my head as the pair continued their game of back-and-forth.

The two men in deluxe suits stood towards the back of the rather expensive restaurant with drinks in hand -- Dante's champagne of course while Donatello went for something 'stronger.'

Maddie and I pretended not to listen in on their conversation as we sat at the booth, not too far away, laughing. 

Their eyes were on us as they gossiped to one another.

"What do you think?" Donatello asked Dante, his glistening black eyes distinctly on Maddie.

"She seems like a good girl," Dante nodded, approvingly.

"I don't know, man," he shook his head in response, worriedly. "Something's wrong."

"What do you mean?" I watched Dante's eyes crease in confusion as his head turned to him.

"When I look at her.. It feels like a fat man is sitting on my chest," he said, taking a swig of his vodka and brought it down with a look signaling a foul taste. "And not in the fun way."

Dante broke out in a deep laughter and I tried my best to avoid doing so, too. Considering, they'd know I was listening in. My eyes went back to Maddie and she blushed as gaze went down. I could've sworn I saw her cheeks elevate into a slight vibrant pink to match her lips. I knew exactly what she was feeling; what Donatello was feeling, because I got the same when I looked at Dante. And he was right. Deffinetly not very fun, but it wasn't something we could control.

I finally looked towards him so he could see and his eyes immediately found mine as I watched him take the breath I wanted to steal. He sent me a charming smile, showing off his adorable dimples and silver, diamond encrusted watch as he raised his glass in a distant toast.

I wanted to mount him where he stood, but was much too afraid of the consequences. Whether they be in the form of glares or his reputation on the line.

A smirk formed on his features as though he could read my thoughts through my heated gaze. My eyes lowered to rest on his soft and luscious lips. They formed the words "I love you" and I shyly looked down, smiling to myself in response.