Chapter 40.

Dante

I laid with Ariella plastered against my bare chest. We fit together like a puzzle piece as he legs were entwined with mine. Her sighs of contentment warmed my heart even further and I never wanted to move.

She was solidified in my heart, something I didn't even think I had before. She ignited a fire inside me and it threatened to burn the self control I had over everything. Myself. My company. My stability.

They all meant nothing when she was in sight, but yet she wanted me to stay with SEO. She was the calm to my demons. And she was my destiny. Fate was a cruel game and being with this woman, I was surely toying with it. But none of that mattered.

There was no turning back now and surprisingly I was able to live with that idea. I embraced it.

Suddenly, I head a distant yell and my eyes snapped open.

My name.

My body tensed and my grip around Ariella tightened. I hoped what I had heard had come from inside my head, it would be better than what I would do if the owner of that voice was actually here.

Ariella lifted her forehead and looked up at me, her eyes filled with worry.

I assumed she had only noticed how my body changed rather than hearing what I had, too.

I heard the voice again and the closing of the front door right after. She flinched in my arms and her eyes then went to the door. I then knew it, in fact, wasn't in my head. It was downstairs and it better have had a damn good reason for being here.

I sat up straight, instinctively, releasing her from my arms.

"Dante, who is that?" Her voice showed signs of fear, but she had nothing to fear. It was only the fucked up, more older version of me.

Then again, maybe she did have something.

"It's Isaac," I told her, roughly throwing the sheets to the side and going to get dressed.

I didn't want him to meet her, though. He didn't deserve to meet her. The man killed his own wife, it'd be comical to think I'd let him shake hands with mine.

Not-not my wife.

My..

Dammit, I don't have time to think about this right now.

"Stay here," I ordered before barging out the door and storming down the steps.

My eyes met the man himself and Karina, who was slightly behind him, standing in my kitchen. Her face seemed as though she thought him coming here was a bad idea.

And it fucking was.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" I questioned him and their eyes went to my direction.

"Son, I-"

"You are not my father and you shouldn't be here," I then turned to Karina, who was obviously frustrated as her hand went to press on the bridge of her nose. "What have you done?"

"I tried to call you."

"I am your father," he said, bringing my attention back to him as he stood across from me in his suit. "Karina told me you met a woman. It would have been nice to hear it from you."

What the hell was she doing? Who I meet is none of his business and if anyone knew how I felt about going to my 'father' about anything it would be Karina. "What, have you two been having AA meetings about me?"

"Dante, I've been clean for a long time now," he started, his face showing his displeasure with my remark. "Everyone at SEO has put that in the past, including Kar-"