Chapter 38.

Song: Kiss Me by Ed Sheran

Dante

"There she is, " Donatello smiled, looking behind me. He was speaking in Italian, but I think even if he had said it in Russian it would still sound like heaven to my ears.

My heart would still speed up and I'd still have the sudden feeling to turn around and run towards the woman -- I knew was only standing a short length behind me -- and swoop her into my arms.

However, I knew I couldn't use that approach. Her soft yet confused words let me know she'd want an explanation for why she was brought here when she believed she had rid herself of me hours before.

And now that I thought about it, she had did so with no real reason. Atleast not one I knew of.

Her words never stopped repeating themselves in my head. Even if I had put them to the back of my mind, they were undoubtedly still there. Forever etched as a memory of the time I lost the only thing in my life that brought me happiness.

And now this moment would join it as a reminder that the future could always get better. The moment I would get it back. Get her back. Or I hoped so.

As I looked at the confusion that coated her beautiful features, I wondered where to start. My hands were placed in my pockets, tingling with nervousness as they rubbed against the smooth fabric.

I was frozen at the sight of her red and puffy, yet tired looking blue eyes and couldn't help but ask myself if I had done that to her.

Finally, my hand came from inside it's hiding spot and hung against my side as I approached her and held it out to her. Her question was left unanswered as Donatello and Maddie watched us intently.

His advice was that I simply pull her into a kiss and I quote, "make her remember what she's missing out on." But something told me to take a different route.

She looked down at my outstretched hand and frowned before looking up at me again. She anxiously rubbed her thumb against the inside of her palm as she held her hands close to herself. She was hesitating and cowering back at my offer.

"I just need ten minutes," I stated, looking down at her. I heard her let out a low sigh and then her small, soft hand melted into mine. My heart smiled as I gently led her to the table sitting in the middle of the circle garden on the neatly cut grass. Her eyes darted from me to Maddie, then to Donatello. He sent her a reassuring smile before stepping over to stand next to Maddie.

I drew out the brown wooden chair from underneath the table and she slowly sat down. I could have sworn I heard a small thank you escape her lips, but I didn't know for sure.

I looked over at the two idiots standing at the end of the bridge leading to this private circle and they both sent me wide grins. Maddie's may have been to give me a boost of confidence in how this would play out, but I knew Don's was because he was looking forward to me taking his advice of seducing her into being with me again.

Hence, why he suggested I change into this suit.

I looked towards my feet, smiling to myself as I sat down in front of her. I saw Donatello hold his hand out to Maddie as he turned towards her. She smacked her hand across his in a low five and they begin to walk back.

Now it was just her and I. I didn't know where to start. Her gaze was lowered towards her hands that were placed in her lap. She purposely avoided saying anything to me and I felt her nervous tension surround her. My innocent angel. What have I done to you?