Chapter 9.

Ariella

After last night, I decided it would probably be best to steer clear of Mr. CEO, Dante Acosta. The farther I am away, the less likely he is to find out about my previous meet with Nicholas.

Chances are that wasn't the first time him and Dante 'ran' into eachother and it most likley won't be the last.

I got dressed for work the next day in a black sweater and matching pencil skirt with heels. I walked out the door, in the elevator, and through the lobby. I sighed and looked around. It'd be pretty hard to avoid him when we work in the same building.

As I was looking, a black limo came into view and I didn't know if it was Dante or Nicholas until out stepped the man himself.

You just couldn't stay away, could you, I looked down, mentally facepalming.

"Congrats, Ariella, "Dante said, smiling at me as if I was a new born baby, straightening his suit. "Today is Take Your Best Employee to Work Day."

I couldn't help but laugh at his newly made up day. He reached his hand out for mine and I took it before he lead me to the limo. "I'm guessing you're going to pick up Karina next?"

"Actually, Karina rides a broom to work everyday," He quipped, following in behind me. I shook my head at him, smiling.

I glanced around the limousine in awe, to be honest. I'd never been in one, not even for prom bearing in mind, I've never been.

I tried to contain the little girl inside me and an idea of what it'd be like to let her out played in my head.

"Oh my God Dante, what's this?" I said, picking up the wine glasses on the side and eagerly crawling towards the driver. "Wowowow."

"Ariella!" Dante then groaned.

"Hey driver, driver, driver," I'd repeat, annoyingly, not bothering to wait for his response. "Can we stop and pick up my friends?"

"Sit your ass down!" Dante would scorn.

I laughed to myself and Dante looked at me as if I was crazy for a second before smiling. "What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing, " I told him. He tilted his head, but let it go because we had made it to SEO.

He helped me out, grabbing my hand once more and it sent a shock through me. I jumped back from him holding my hand in my own. I didn't know what the feeling was so it scared me for only a second.

"You okay?" Dante asked, quickly looking at my hands for any marks from where he was standing. He seemed concerned and it baffled me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, sorry,"I said in a monotone. He could tell I was confused because he stopped and he seemed confused at his self too. You'd think someone as powerful as him would never be such a gentleman.

He nodded at me, then moved me forward by my hip gently so he could close the limo door.

Once he did he walked inside the building without another word or glance at me.

Well, goodbye to you too, I thought to myself. I finally let my hands fall and went inside to punch in.

"Okay, now I stay away from him," I told myself as I walked into the elevator.

"Away from who?" I turned around to see Maria, Dante's account manager, walking in. "Someone you like perhaps?"

"Oh um, no just a guy," I said, looking ahead trying to avoid awkward eye contact. It may not be awkward for her, but I tend to make everything awkward.