Chapter 4.

Dante

I buttoned up my dress shirt and fixed my hair as much as possible. It would have been nice if Maria hadn't run her hands through it, but if anyone knows how that goes; it's me.

I got in my black Maserati and drove back to the office. I was expected to speak and greet at this VS party, otherwise I'd finish the actual work I had to do.

I know one might think 'what type of boss sleeps with his employees?' Well, one who has a lot on his plate.

As the CEO, I have to meet the needs of employees, investors, communities, and of course the law. Let's not forget live up to what my father has done. Long story short; it's a lot of shit.

Going up to the fifth floor, I decided to check on how everything was going. According to the interns: the party should go off without a hitch. Now that's what I like to hear.

As I made my final rounds, I noticed the woman from earlier was in the gift bag room, due to the see-through walls. At the time I approached she bent down to put one of the bags under the table. Although it was a nice view, I wasn't one to watch a woman creepily.

"Boo," I said in a high key voice and she jumped.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" She did a breath of relief, before laughing. Her laugh brought a smile to my face.

"Hello..?" She waited for me to give her my name and I was happy to comply.

"Dante, Dante Acosta,"I guess she really didn't know who I was, surprisingly. Surely she had seen my name somewhere. "And who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Ariella, Ariella Faure," She said sending me a smile.

Ariella. That was her name. I looked in her eyes and suddenly found myself lost in them. There was something about her. I just couldn't figure out what. I furrowed my eyebrows In thought.

What is it about her? She wasn't like my usual type. She is..

Small and innocent looking. Especially when she tried to avoid my gaze, looking left and right, yet I wanted to..

To..

What are the right words?

My thoughts were cut off when her tongue darted out and slid across her lips.

I licked my own, instinctively. I wanted to taste her. I tried to snap myself out of my dirty thoughts when I noticed her cowarding back.

Oh, of course it's like you to come on too strong, Dante, I mentally shook my head at myself, before smiling at her. I had to fall back.

"Guess I'll see you at the party tonight then, Ariella," I walked off before I could make her anymore uncomfortable. Usually, I wouldn't care. If there's something I wanted, I'd get it. But for some reason I cared now. I ought to be considerate anyways considering it is only her first day.

Enough of this woman chasing shit Dante, you got a party to host, I smiled to myself. That's right, I do.

-

"Thank you for coming," I repeated, shaking hands and giving hugs.

"Dante, this is going to make you a lot of money, you know," Dorothy, a fellow CEO, embraced me.

"As it should," I responded, giving her a cheeky smile.

I walked over by the stage, getting ready to be announced. I glanced around at the pink decorations everywhere and laughed as 'You Sexy Thing' by Hot Chocolate played out of the speakers.

"While we're all here, I'd like to thank a very special someone," Ava, a partner of Victoria Secret's, spoke. "We are happy to be his new partners. Dante Acosta."

The crowd of people clapped and cheered and I took my cue to come up. I gave Ava a double cheek kiss before grabbing the mic. "I am honored, Ava. Thank you so very much."

I raised my glass of champagne as I thanked everyone who took part in making me successful in my endeavors and then Victoria Secret. "A very sexy collection. SEO's most sexual-"

I paused at my tongue tied mistake, pressing my lips against my teeth. "Most suc-sex-"

I bit my bottom lip and laughed along with everyone else. "Thank you everyone for coming out. God bless!"

I must admit it feels good to be the boss.

I walked down the steps and scanned the room. My eyes found Ariella standing next to Deana by the gift bag table, but I knew I couldn't give her any noticeable attention with all the business men and women eyeing my every move.

Another business owner approached me and we engaged in conversation about an investment he wanted me to think about.

Frankly, I'm not interested but it wouldn't hurt to make him think I am.

No love lost. And more importantly no money lost.

"It's real sad what happened to Isaac, but I think this is a move he'd deffinetly want you to make," Raphael said, trying to convince me. It disgusted me that he'd use my father's name for his own selfish desires and I restrained from showing it.

"I'll have to think about that one," I uttured through gritted teeth, giving him a fake smile.

After a while of conversating, I dued just about everyone their respectful goodbyes.

While I was waiting for my car from the valet my PA came toward me.

"I have some great news you might want to look into tommorow."

I'm sorry his chapters are so short bc it's really hard to do his pov bc I can't relate aksjsks but I'll try to make it better. If you want to see a picture of any of the other characters just let me know.

Please like and comment!!