Chapter 50.

Dante

"How the fuck did you get in here?" Removing his glasses, he stood up, but didn't move from his spot behind the desk.

And to think that this man was actually my brother. I saw him in a different light with his black rimmed glasses. He is a hard working CEO, just as I am. Maybe not as good, but hard working and suddenly, I no longer wanted to destroy every opportunity he creates for himself.

Although, now that I think about it, it actually seems like something a brother would do.

I could see us side by side. With the revenue our companies have separately, just imagining what they could be as one would be revolutionary.

Yet here we were, enemies rather than partners.

Playing this game of tearing eachother down. A game we were both good at.

A game that would have no winner.

Just an end.

To the both of us.

"Well, there's this thing called a door and occasionally when someone --" I made the hand gesture of someone turning a doorknob to complete my statement only to be interrupted by his angry tone.

"You think you can just show up here whenever you like?" He tilted his head at me and finally made his move from where he was. "What, did you miss me ruining your career over the past few months?"

And here comes the Nicholas I know and hate.

Although, oddly, he hasn't made any attempts to knock me off my pedestal in the past few months.

It was actually kind of.. nice.

"Ruining my career?" I laughed.

"Did you actually believe --" This time, I stopped myself, reminding yours truly why I had actually come here. And it certaintly wasn't to jog his memory on how much of an unbreakable powerhouse SEO really is.

My mouth snapped shut and I brought my hand up to cover it as I tried to contain the words that I wanted to say. My other hand went to my hip and I finally found my calm in the look of hatred on his face. "I didn't come here to argue. Or to discuss business."

"It doesn't matter what you came here to do, you're not welcome," he went to reach for the phone on his desk, most likely to call security.

Still the little bitch you've always been, brother.

Nevertheless, my words made him halt.

"I guess you don't want to know what happened to your mother then, right?"

His eyes slowly came back up to me with a squint and a I felt a sudden tension in the room. If that didn't get his full undivided attention, then surely nothing would.

"I know what happened to mom," placing his hands in his pockets, he stood up straight and begin to walk towards me, slowly. "She fell into the trap of a fraud and became blind to the world around her."

"Is that what you think?"

"No, that's what I know." Now he was standing directly in front of me and looked into my eyes as he paused. "Now, tell me something, because honestly, I am curious. Did Ariella fall into the trap of an Acosta or did she finally leave your crazy ass."

Immediately, my loathe for him switched on like a fucking light and I jabbed my forehead against his, pushing him back. The smile I saw on his features made me irate and the purpose I had came here for was gradually slipping by the second.