Epilogue.

2 years later

Dante

I could feel her eyes staring into my back and I refused to look at her. My thoughts were spinning again and she was the last person I wanted to hurt with my instinctive, vulgar words. I tried to focus on the problem at hand, muting her words so when our eyes finally did meet, it would be out of nothing but admiration.

I sat at my desk chair in our bedroom, tapping the paper with my pen. My business was lacking trust because I wasn't there as often and it had become more difficult to manage lines of communication with each and every customer, negatively impacting SEO.

I could reach out to Nicholas, but I knew Sinagon had their own problems to deal with and I couldn't add my own onto their plate. SEO was still a multi-million-dollar company, but my partners weren't too happy with the lack of information exchange.

And hiring new employees to help was a much more complicated process than one might think. They needed to have the right skills and creativity in order to drive growth. If my employees don't share the same visions and values as the company itself --

Suddenly, a pillow kissed my head, snapping me away from my racing thoughts and I could hear her angry voice again. "Dante, are you even listening to me?"

My teeth pressed together and I spun around in my chair slowly to look up at her. She looked flustered like she had been screaming at me for hours or as if throwing the pillow had taken a lot out of her. It seemed she exhausted herself very easily.

Her pink lips were pressed in a thin line -- the line between warmth and cold -- and I thought of how soft they were when they melted against mine.  Her hands were firmly on her hips and her stance challenged me to make a wrong move. It greatly differed from the bashful little kitten she was when we had first met. My stubborm angel -- queen, but she was far from intimidating.

"Ariella," I sighed, running a hand over my face. "Later, I will listen to what ever is on your mind, but right now-"

"You can't stay locked in this room forever, Dante." Who can't? "Maddie and Donatello are downstairs waiting for you."

"No, angel," I shuffled uncomfortably, trying to grasp a feeling of patience for my wife as I leaned forward. "They are waiting for you."

She stepped forward, her round belly coming into view, and she kneeled down in front of me. My eyes went to hers. They were still warmth filled oceans of blue and my heart fluttered. I prayed it could slow the anger building inside me. She gently placed her hands against my thighs, rubbing upwards ever-so-slightly and I fought to hide the growl in my chest. "You haven't taken your pills, have you?"

Her eyes were so soft and sweet and I watched her take the breath I wanted to steal, but the second I heard the word pills, irritability poisoned my thoughts and I felt a strong offence at her words.

I grabbed her wrists and watched her frown as I removed them. "I don't need them."

I was done with this conversation. I had already wasted enough time. Maybe she was right. Maybe I needed to take them, but right now I had much greater problems to focus on and those pills had been flushed down the toilet hours ago. I ignored her look of disbelief and turn my chair away again. She was silent and I took that as a sign that this arguement was over and won.