Chapter 30.

Ariella

"What do you mean by acquainted?" I questioned him. Surprisingly, I wasn't scared that an almost complete stranger wanted to take me to his home, but it wasn't where I would've chosen to go.

I was only bummed that this ruined my plans of sleeping for the rest of the week.

"You'll see," he smirked more visibly now as he turned along a street with very few, but obviously expensive houses along it.

"Can we do it another time?" I hoped, pressing my lips against my teeth in angst. The last time someone decided to take me somewhere I couldn't afford myself, didn't turn out so well.

He laughed. "And I give you another card of mine so you can find someone else? Yeah, nice try."

I was about to object but when my lips parted to speak my eyes met a huge white house as we pulled into the driveway.

It had marble steps that led to the front door and I gasped in awe. There was a beautiful small garden of red and purple flowers on both sides of the stairway and my heart fluttered.

They weren't roses, but they looked just as great. If not, more.

They were getting rained on and it dulled my mood. Nicholas grabbed an umbrella from the back seat and opened the door. He then rushed over to my side.

Once he opened the door for me, he reached for my hand and I gave it to him. I decided to leave my things in the car. We'd have to come back to it once he took me home anyways.

He noticed me looking down at the flowers and smiled, giving me words of assurance. "It's okay. I don't think Alice has watered them in a long time."

Wait. Alice?

I gasped again before looking over at his hand. My eyes found his ring finger and I was relieved to find there was no wedding ring.

"Alice is not my wife," he laughed again as he fidgeted with the keys in his pocket before the door soon swung open. "She's my maid. And more of a mother figure than a wife."

He walked me in and gauged my reaction with a teethy grin. He had a perfect smile, but also a perfect house.

From where I was standing I could only see the start of the living room where he had a black leather couch, but to my left was an indoor pool in the floor.

Rather than finding that part amazing, I found it rather..dangerous. I could imagine what would happen if he stumbled into the door drunk and his sways landed him on the wrong side of the house.

Maybe that's why CEO's don't drink heavily or at least aren't encouraged to. They probably all have indoor pools just for the fun of it.

Nicholas closed the door and guided me across the white marble floors into matching double doors to his far right.

When we entered I immediately knew it was the kitchen. I looked over the marble island in the middle and the counters until my eyes stopped at a woman who was wiping them down.

"Alice," Dante–I mean Nicholas, said her name and she gasped before turning around.

"You scared me half to death," she scolded him in such a soft voice that an angel would envy it before laughing. Her eyes went wide in excitement and she uproached me "Oh, you brought someone home. "

"Yes, this is Ariella," he introduced me and she reached her hand out to shake mine with a smile that made the wrinkle lines on the side of her green eyes bundle up. "She will only be here for a short amount of time, but I want you to treat her with the same courtesy you would anyone else."