(22)

Corahn-

I looked over at Adri's naked body. She was beautiful with no effort. She layed with her sweet caramel skin gleaming in the light. I can't believe anyone would think of hurting her. 

But , last night was amazing. I honestly didn't think she would let me do that. But Im happy she did. It may seem that I been getting soft due to this street shit but Adri is worth it all. 

"Take a picture it will last longer." She said, fluttering her eyes open. I chuckled.

"I can look at whats mine." I said proudly.

"Yeah whatever." She rolled her eyes and pulled the cover over her body. I got out the bed and put on my polo boxers. 

"What you tryna get into today?" I said,going into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Go to Walmart." She cheered.

See, she not like no other girl. Other bitches would say some expensive shit but with Adri, it dont matter where we are, as long as she by my side.

"For what ma?" I asked.

"I wanna go get some snacks and go mess with strangers." She said with all seriousness.

"Omg." I said laughing.

"Foreal." She chuckled.

"Alright, get up and get dressed." I said. And she looked at me weirdly.

 "What?" I asked.

"I cant walk." She said and I smiled proudly, I guess I layed it down lastnight.

________________________

I was wearing a red t-shirt with  'J O R D A N' written in black across it with the Jump man below it. I had on black jeans and my all red Huaraches and a gold chain. Adri had on a red crop top with the Nike Swoosh on it and some black sweat pants because she her legs was to sore to wear anything that tight right now. But she had on the same shoes as me and her hair was bone straight.

We looked good, my baby was fine foreal. 

We was getting out the car, at walmart and we entwined fingers as we made our way inside. She grabbed a buggy and then we made our way straight to the bakery section and grabbed 2 donuts.

"Mmm."  Adri moaned out as she slowly chewed the donuts. I walked behind her and whispered in her ear, "That was so sexy." I felt her shiver.

I moved to her right side and she blushed. She just so innocent. "Where we going?" I asked as she stirred the cart/buggy.

"We going to get some Oreoooos! and M&Ms" She cheered. I chuckled and followed.

"Lets make some friend Oreos." I suggested.

"Ouu yeah that would be good." She smiled as we turned on the aisle. She grabbed 2 trays of Oreos and 3 big bags of M&Ms.

"Are you obsessed?" I asked. She shrugged and walked ahead of me as I browsed over the candies and cookies. I grabbed a box of Sour patches and I looked over to Adri as she slowly walked away from me. As she walked you could tell she was limping.

I laughed to myself then caught up to her. We went to a couple more aisles until we had everything she wanted and everything for the Fried Oreos. 

Thats when I bumped into someone, as a reflex, I turned around and my hand was about to reach for my gun that was on my right hip. Adri hand quickly grabbed mine and she looked at me annoyed then she looked at the person I bumped into.

"Ken?" She said softly. Anger began to build up inside me.

"In the flesh, hey baby girl." He smiled at her and she got quite and she instantly looked uncomfortable.

"-Baby,whats taking you so long-?" Ann, her mother said and she got quite when she seen Adri.

"Adri?" She asked and Adri looked up at her with pain in her eyes.

"You still with this nigga after he raped me ma?" Adri said as her tears began to shed. I didn't know what to do; comfort Adri or keep my hand on my hip if Ken or Ann try some shit. So I stayed between Adri and them.

"Baby girl you uptight. Me, Ken, and Lamar love eachother we have a bond. We wanted Ken to open you up a little bit. Whats the problem?" Ann explained and I Just got pissed off. 

"Look, I dont know if you understand but Adri, Adrianna Kendrick is yo damn daughter. She is a smart, beautiful young girl that I have come to love and you go sit here and try to break her down even more physically and emotionally every chance you get. You aint no damn mother. I should Kill him and smack the shit out of yo ass again but im not, Im tryna give yo daughter happiness and you wanna start some bullshit. You, yo bum ass nigga, and yo dumb ass son better watch out. I got Adri. Forever and always." I said in a clutch tone, looking her deep in her eyes.

"Nigga you right, she is MY daughter. And I DONT CARE. Just wait and see what I do to yall sorry asses." She shrugged her shoulders in twitched.

"Ion see why they let Crack heads in walmart anyways." I said as I noticed she had clothes stuffed in her purse.

I shook my head and I turned around and Adri was gone.

I pushed the cart around and I started to search the store. Walmart big as hell. I searched the whole food section and clothes and even toys. I was in the last section of like home and traveling items when I heard her light cries. I put the cart to the side and followed the crying.  

She was hiding in a tent that was set up. I smiled. I noticed when anything happens with Adri that is serious or her being yelled at she tends to hide. She gotta stop that shit though cause one day im not go be able to find her and the life I live as becoming a Kingpin I need her to be as strong as me.

"Adri come on." I demanded and she shook her head no.

"We gotta talk about this and im not bout to talk about it in a tent at walmart so lets go." I got louder.

She shook her head no. Next thing you know, my tall ass was climbing inside the tent. I sat beside her and wiped her tears away.

"What are you crying for?" I asked.

"L-lamar. He never was down for me.He never cared about me. Him and my own mother been plotting against me since my father died. Even when he was alive, I was non existent to the family. " She allowed tears to fall.

"I need you to toughen up for me." I said.

She looked at me in sorrow and despair. "What do I need to do."

"What do you wanna do to them ma?" I asked.

"I want them dead.

__________________________________

comment,vote,and share!