Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next day, I woke up and rummaged through my closet lazily to find something to wear. I settled with some black skinny jeans and a white crop top, paired off with my biker boots. My fingers found my makeup kit on top of the nightstand and I opened it to reach for my eyeliner and mascara. I applied them on and finished things up with some maroon lipstick and a messy bun. My eyes took in my appearance through the mirror and a small, satisfied grin tugged at my lips before I grabbed my phone and keys and headed out the door.

To my luck, my mother had already left for work and my stepfather was still snoring in the comforts of their bedroom. I jogged down the stairs, two steps at a time, and headed for the garage. The garage doors were already open, which led me to believe that my mother dearest forgot to close them once she got out.

How haven't we got robbed yet? Right, it was probably because of the fact that our house was like a mile away from any other building and the street was always serene. Now that I thought about it, I could make one hell of a party without getting noise complaints.

I shook those thoughts away and grabbed the handles of my bike, feeling too lazy to walk today. Deciding not to infuriate my stepfather—for now—I walked out with my bike by my side and threw my helmet on once at a safe distance. I hopped on the seat and turned the key in the ignition while listening to the engine roar to life and smiling at the sound. The clock on my phone indicated that I had thirteen minutes before the warning bell of the school rang. I secured it in my back pocket before grabbing the handles once again and speeding down the street toward the school.

I parked my bike right outside the gates and took the keys out, wiggling them in my hand and making them jingle a little. I took the helmet off and hung it on the left handle then made my way inside the school grounds. Students walked through the parking lot towards the entrance and I buried my hands—or rather my fingers—inside my pockets. I walked past the school gates and headed to the entrance where a familiar couple was currently exchanging saliva samples. Rolling my eyes, I stood beside them and cleared my throat rather loudly.

"Lily!" Danielle chuckled and separated herself from Kenneth in order to give me a quick hug while Kenneth just bumped my shoulder. I chuckled at them and shoved them playfully as a greeting.

"You know, not everyone wants to learn French," I retorted.

"We give free lessons. Those who are not interested can just ignore them." She snorted.

I just laughed and stood between them both, wrapping my arms around their waist. They looked down at me with a raised eyebrow and Kenneth rolled his eyes while I pushed them to walk forward. We barely made it three steps across the entrance when someone grabbed my shirt and pulled me back.

I looked up sheepishly into a pair of stern blue eyes and chirped, "Freddy Fuzzy Fazbear!"

"Amelia Clark." The familiar fifty-year-old man sighed. "We're both well aware of your three-day suspension."

"Ah yes, news travels fast around here."

The warning bell rang, and the couple gave me one last amused glance before walking away.

"I don't need any trouble with Principal Morris, so don't go around causing problems or I'll have your head," he warned. "Also, stop calling me by that name. I look nothing like that robot bear from that horror game."

"You're still a security guard whose name is Fred." I chuckled, and he let go of my shirt. "Plus, you have the body of an adorable fuzzy bear."

"Alright, get out," he grumbled in annoyance and grabbed my arm, pulling me out. I reached up and ruffled his shaggy brown hair when he let go of me a few feet away from the entrance. He walked back inside, grumbling things under his breath as he went.