Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The warning bell rang as I reached the school entrance. Students were scurrying inside the school, eager to get to their classes on time. I, on the other hand, couldn't be more bothered as I kept walking at a normal pace. My phone vibrated in my pocket, but I ignored it as I entered the school building, coming face to face with the security guard. His blue eyes met mine and I smiled in amusement when he rolled his eyes.

"Freddy Fuzzy Fazbear! Did you miss me?" I asked.

"You and your nicknames," he muttered under his breath. "I can't say I've missed you and your troubles."

"You hurt me." I pouted.

"Yeah, right. Go to the office to pick up your tardy slip. Knowing you, you will be at least five minutes late or more," he instructed, and I gave him a hand salute in response. He shook his head and I laughed, going over to my locker first.

The second bell rang, and the halls became empty. I stuffed the history books inside my bag and closed the locker back up, starting to make my way to the office.

When I stepped inside, the secretary glanced up from her phone and sighed. She didn't say anything as she handed me a tardy slip and went back to look at her phone. I grabbed the piece of paper absentmindedly and headed back out, walking over to my history class. It didn't take me long to reach it, as I was soon opening the door and stepping inside.

All eyes turned to look at me, including the teacher's, and I smiled. She shot me an annoyed look once I stepped over to her desk and threw the slip on top of it.

I buried my hands on my back pockets and walked to my usual seat, frowning a bit as I noticed a girl already sitting on it. I stood in front of her, glaring in an intimidating way. I motioned for her to get off with a scowl, and she was quick to pick her things up and scurry away. Smiling in satisfaction, I threw myself on the seat comfortably and placed my bag on the floor lazily. The room was dead silent as everyone kept staring at me, making me raise an amused eyebrow.

"Why don't you all take a picture? I will last longer."

"Take that phone out again and the next time, it will be in the principal's office, William," the teacher shot to a guy that was taking his phone out. This made me chuckle, the teacher now turning her stern gaze to me. "Now, Clark, since it's your first time taking my class at this time, I won't give you detention. So you better not be late again."

"Roger that, ma'am." I gave her a thumbs up. She seemed like she wanted to retort but held back as she continued with her lesson. She rambled on about the U.S history for the rest of the class, making me have a fight with my eyelids.

Who the hell cared about the U.S history? They should be teaching us how to pay taxes and how to deal with life instead. That would be much more helpful.

The bell signaling the end of the period finally rang, and everyone rushed out of the classroom. I walked toward my locker and punched in my combination, groaning when I remembered that I didn't have the advanced calculus book.

Guess I would have to deal with that, somehow.

"Lily!" I heard Danielle exclaim from the other side of the hallway. I threw everything unnecessary inside the locker and just kept my notebook, pencil, and calculator inside my bag. Danielle rushed to my side after swimming through the sea of people and gave me a small smile.

"Hey, Dan. What's up?"

"It's going to be so boring without you in history." She pouted, and I chuckled. "Did you find a place to stay the night?"