Chapter 27

Chapter 27

For some odd reason, the principal changed school hours. We were being dismissed by lunch time every day because of some issues in the building that needed to be fixed. What kind of issues could those be? Nobody knew yet.

Three days had passed by when I met up with Chase and Wesley at the training room. Wesley brought up the bag full of weapons and placed it on the ground in front of me. We began taking everything out and laying it on the ground, placing the bullets next to their respectful guns. 

Chase stared at us nervously and I raised my eyebrow at him, standing up straight. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked him, and he looked at me.

"Yes," he answered, almost instantly.

After I got interrogated by the police, I received a call from Chase, saying that he wanted to help. I was reluctant at first, of course. He might have been getting good at defending himself, but that didn't mean he was ready to take on a full gang. That was not the reason I decided to teach him self-defense in the first place. Well, I didn't really have a reason to begin with.

“Since you've basically got the hang of defending yourself," I started, grabbing a loaded handgun from the ground. "It's time to turn the tables."

"I'll help in that matter. It'll be best if he went up against someone bigger and buffer than him. Since that's basically who we'll be going against," Wesley said. 

We looked at Chase for confirmation, and he nodded slowly.

"It's settled then. Since offense is sort of more difficult than self-defense, we will have to change our training times and days," I said, and looked at Wesley.

"It would be better for all of us if we trained daily, starting today. Be here from midday to six in the afternoon. We will train six hours with a fifteen-minute break every now and then," Wesley said, and I looked at Chase.

"I can talk to your mother and convince her. I can tell her that you decided to start working out to get in better shape and that I offered to be your personal trainer. I will also make sure it doesn't affect your precious study time," I teased, and he rolled his eyes at me.

"I guess that'll work," he muttered. 

I grinned at him and inspected the gun I was currently holding before looking at Wesley. "Let's show him just how big this gym actually is," I said, and Wesley smirked at me. 

Chase eyed us both curiously, and I motioned for him to follow us. Wesley led us to the dressing room and opened the door to let us inside, Chase looking as confused as ever.

"What does the dressing room have to do with any of this?" Chase asked, and I chuckled.

"You'll see," was the only answer I offered him. 

Wesley took out a key from one of his pockets and kneeled down on the carpeted floor. I stood behind him with my arms crossed over my chest, watching as he caressed the floor. Chase was about to retort something, until Wesley finally found the hidden keyhole and inserted the key in his hand. A faint clicking sound was heard as part of the floor popped up, and Wesley opened it up completely to reveal a staircase.

I glanced at Chase and he was staring at the staircase wide-eyed, his mouth agape in shock. We followed Wesley down the stairs after making sure to close the door, and soon enough, we reached the one place I haven't been to in years. 

"What is this place?" Chase asked in amazement as he looked around the wide room.

"It's an underground shooting range. Here, we practice how to control any type of gun and how to aim correctly. It's a secret place, one word out and we will all be in huge trouble," Wesley informed him, and Chase nodded slowly.