Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The first few words that left Chase's mouth had me smirking. We had barely stepped into his room, and he was looking at me with determination. "Take your shirt off."

"You want music with that too?" I asked suggestively in a teasing manner. He looked confused at first as he furrowed his brows together and tilted his head. I grabbed the hem of my shirt with my free hand and started swaying my hips, a silly grin on my face.

When he caught on to what I was doing, his eyes widened, and the tip of his ears turned a bright red. "N-No! I didn't mean it like that! Why do you have to sexualize everything?" he defended, covering his face in embarrassment.

I laughed and walked over to his nightstand, placing the plate with the toast on top of it. "Of course you didn't mean it like that," I teased. He grumbled underneath his breath as I took in the features of the room.

The walls were painted a dark gray, only one of them was royal blue. In the center of the room stood a full-sized bed with royal blue covers, a mahogany nightstand on the side. On the wall next to the door was a computer desk, with a laptop on top of it and various books and papers scattered around.

"I need you to take your shirt off in order for me to inspect and treat your cuts and bruises."

"Alright, try to not enjoy it too much," I said, and he groaned, making me chuckle. I swiftly took my shirt off and threw it on his bed messily. When I looked at him, he was rummaging inside his closet, probably looking for something.

I was about to make a comment on it just to bother him, but he instantly turned to face me, a first-aid kit in hand. "Lie face down on the bed," he instructed, and I had to bite my tongue to keep quiet.

My dirty mind really had to chill out today.

I did as told and folded my arms under my forehead. The sound of plastic filled the room as he rummaged through the first aid kit. Before I knew it, there was something cold touching my side. I hissed at the coldness and he mumbled an apology, continuing to do whatever he was doing. His fingers massaged my side and part of my back, which felt relaxing if I didn't focus on the pain.

Boy, was I tense.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"Shut up and let me work," he grumbled.

"Someone sure is grumpy today," I teased, and I could pretty much see him rolling his eyes.

He kept working on my bruises, pressing on certain spots that earned a warning from me. After a minute or so, he instructed me to stand up and I did, turning to look at him. "I'm almost done, I only need-"

"Chase, I'm home!" a female voice called from down the hallway, and he froze in place. He muttered a string of profanities under his breath, surprising me, and gave me an alarmed look. I could hear a faint clicking of heels and the closing of the front door.

He urgently told me to hide as he looked around the room frantically. His eyes settled on the closet doors, and he grabbed my wrist, before pulling me to it. "I know it's uncomfortable, but please hide for a little," he pleaded with wide eyes.

I wanted to tease him and bother him about it, but he was genuinely pleading. I raised my arms in mock surrender and stepped inside the closet, trying to fit as best as possible due to all the clothing. As the clicking of heels got closer to the room, he closed the closet doors hurriedly but left them a little open. I peeked through the small crack nosily, seeing a woman in her mid-forties step inside the room.

"Chase, darling, how was your day? I heard from Izzy that you were all dismissed at lunchtime."

"Uh, yeah. Nobody knows why though," he said.