RUMOURS AND EXPLANATIONS

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

"Sasuke, Naruto."

The door creaked open slightly, and Itachi Uchiha blinked when he saw no bundles in the double bed.

"Mornin' Itachi," Sasuke's voice said, slightly muffled.

Itachi's eyes quickly scanned the room and he mentally laughed slightly when he saw Sasuke kneeling in front of the fan which was blowing right in his face. His hair was wild and his mouth was open, giving him slightly resembling that of a dog.

 His hair was wild and his mouth was open, giving him slightly resembling that of a dog

"Good morning otouto. Where is Naruto?" Itachi asked as he sat cross-legged on Sasuke's left.

"Probably out at Ichiraku's. Why, is something wrong?" Sasuke frowned as he shifted his head to face Itachi.

"No, just need you to be extra careful with Danzo on the loose," Itachi answered as he adopted the typical Uchiha sitting pose, fingers interlaced in front of his mouth. "Don't want him stealing your eyes now, do you? Also, there have been some rumours circling around about you and your friends. . ."

"What rumours. . .?" Sasuke asked warily. Damn, what had they started now?

"Rumours about how the thirteen of you met, rumours on how you managed to take down the Snake Sannin, Orochimaru, rumours on how you found out about Danzo, how you removed the curse mark, how you knew of the invasion, how you and your friends managed to take down so many shinobi at the invasion." Itachi's eyes bore unblinkingly into Sasuke's. "You need to be more careful and stop leaving tracks. People are becoming more and more suspicious."

Sasuke gulped slightly, moving his eyes downward. "W-We've already accomplished a lot of things, and the stories about my eyes are already given since the invasion. Maybe for a week or two, we can start. . . pretending to be normal kids again," he mumbled.

"You better, at least until the rumours die down," Itachi frowned disapprovingly. "I understand your need to correct things as this is our second chance, however doing too much while you are still six is too suspicious. Try to wait until you are at least twelve before making your next correction, alright?"

"We'll try," Sasuke said, "but we can't promise anything. And by we, I'm speaking on behalf of the Leaf Legion. If another attack comes, we won't be standing idly by, that I can promise you."

Itachi poked his little brother in the forehead. "Well, to start your small piece of normalcy, train with me."

"What," Sasuke said flatly.