Chapter 7: Attack On Helicarrier

Clouds of smoke and debris flooded the lab

Clouds of smoke and debris flooded the lab. The red emergency lights made it even more difficult to see the damage that had been done.

"What the hell?" I groaned, blinking the dust out of my eyes. There were several bodies along the floor, but I wasn't sure if everyone was okay.

There was a large hole in the floor to my left, where Natasha was standing just a few seconds ago. 

"Is everyone alright?" I asked, pushing myself up.

"We all got a bit scattered," said Steve, taking my wrists and hoisting me back onto my feet, "I'm not sure about everyone else."

"I'll get to the bridge to see what's going on. I'll relay the information." I said my thanks to Steve and ran out of the room. 

The alarm blared through the helicarrier as agents rushed to their defensive positions. Commands from several agents echoed down the hallways and it only grew louder as I neared the bridge. 

"Talk to me, Maria!" I called out at the woman leaning over an agent's computer. 

"There's a fire on engine three and we need someone to get outside and patch it," Maria reported. 

"Stark, get on it," I ordered through the earpiece.

"Copy that."

"Kylie!" Coulson shouted, coming in from my left. "Are you okay? You're bleeding?"

I wiped the blood that trailed from the cut on my cheek. 

"I'm fine, Coulson. A little blood has never hurt me," I assured him.

"Coulson, initiate defensive lockdown in the detention section, then get to the armory!" Fury ordered. "Jennings, find the infiltrators and eliminate the threat!"

"Be careful," Coulson said to me sternly, tightly gripping my arm and pointing his finger in my face. "Kick some ass for me!"

"You watch your ass, alright? I'll see you in a bit," I laughed, gently pushing him away. 

I got up to the airstrip and saw several men drop down into one of the grates that led into a series of tunnels around the ship. To avoid being seen, I took cover behind a crate.

I quickly changed cover to the jets set up near these men. When there was only one compromised agent left, I jumped out, put my hand over his mouth and my arm around his neck, and dragged him behind the jet. Once he drifted off to sleep, I gently put him down on the ground.

Following the rest of the group, I snuck down into the tunnel. I took out two knives and aimed both at the nearest two agents. I made sure it was an area that wouldn't be fatal, but just enough to subdue them. They were under a spell, after all. 

Once both men fell, I ran full-speed at the final three. They raised their guns at me and I dropped down, sliding across the floor like I was stealing a base. I popped back up, grabbed the rifle from the guy on my left, and kicked the man on my right in the jaw.