CHAPTER 3

From the small blurs that I could see, the light had gone. The beautiful blue sky darkened with clouds that looked smudged with charcoal. It seems it was a reflection or maybe a warning of what is to come...or who is to come. I felt the wind started to blow hard. A leaf hit my head. The wind picked up the fallen leaves, making it feel like confetti had just been blown out of a canon. Flashes of light hurt my eyes. Lightning struck the earth, ready to crack it in half. A loud drumming ringed in my ears. I didn't know it was the sound of my very own heart beat, hitting hard against my chest, until I heard a deep bellowing drum that rolled over the clouds in the sky. Thunder. 

I gulped. I heard everyone slightly panic. Feet were running. I heard people grabbing their things. I felt someone grab unto my shoulder and I yelped. 

"Ssshhh, it's okay. It's me, Lil."

I sighed in relief, "Dad! What's happening?"

Suddenly the temperature dropped. And when I say dropped...I mean like I felt the grass slowly freeze into a cold frost. It felt like breathing in ice as I inhaled. What is going on? What's happening?

I heard my mother ask, "What's going on, Eddie? What is this?"

"I don't know!" He growled. I held unto my father's arm when I heard the Alpha yell out, "Eddie! Come here we need you!"

My father growled in frustration. I felt him take my arm and place it in my mother's, "You stick with your mother, Lily." He got Xavier and Kieth to come and guard us just in case something went down. 

I was scared. Something was happening. Something big. A tingling sensation started to course through my body. I lifted my head up towards the sky. There was something hanging in the air. A powerful presence. A dark and evil presence. 

The presence was getting stronger and stronger with every passing moment. My wolf was going insane inside. She could not be still. She seemed anxious and nervous. I was so confused as to what is going on. Everything was so happy and cheerful before. And now...we are all waiting for this dark presence to make itself known. 

"Something is seriously not right," I heard Kieth say quietly. 

"I've felt this before." I confessed. 

"What do you mean, Lil?" Asked Xavier. 

"I've felt this...this presence before. Fifteen years ago, do you remember?"

"No." Kieth answered. 

"That day. The war. The fire. The lake. The-"

"Hellhounds." I heard Kieth growled, "They've come back."

NOAH's POV

I knew exactly who was coming. I'd know that presence anywhere. They are coming back. He is coming back. Coming back for what is rightfully his. 

I could see Solomon, Lincoln, Eddie and Xander standing there near the tree line. My lycan senses know that they are not too far away. I walked near Eddie and Xander and grabbed them both on the shoulder, "We need to chat lads."

Both of them shook their heads, "Something is about to come and possibly attack us and you want to talk?" Growled Xander. 

"I know who is coming."

Both of them turned to me with serious faces, "Who is it?" Asked Xander. 

I looked towards my right at Lily. She was holding on to her mother while Kieth and Xavier were next to her. I sighed. 

"They've come back,"I mumbled under my breath, "He's come for his payment."

I looked past Xander and Eddie's confused faces and stared at the three dark figures that has appeared at the edge of the woods. They've come. They're here.