CHAPTER 44

We all gathered in the lounge, people taking seats and what not. I didn't sit, my legs were too fidgety to sit still. So I stood and leaned against the wall. Zeus stood in front of the roaring fire, facing us all. 

"Has everyone done whats been asked?"

All of them nodded except Sozin, "I haven't because I haven't had the chance to go into any bars, however! I will be spreading bullshit like wildfire tonight."

Zeus nods, "Good because we're gonna need that." He takes a step forward, "Dylan here has provided us with some contraption of his. Dylan, you wanna show us?"

Dylan takes a drag of his cigarette, "Yeah sure, why not." He stands up and takes his bag off the couch. He opens the tiny thing and took my shock put his whole arm in it like it was a whole tent inside. Must be a magic thing. 

"Alright, don't panic because this is only the model so it's not gonna blow your faces off."

"Good to know," Eudora said. 

Dylan brought a flat plate looking thingie. He raises it up to present it to everybody, "This is a mine. But my version of it. I was very very stoned one day when I thought of this," Dylan began to giggle, "Oh good times," He waves his hands dismissing himself, "Anyways. I was thinking..."

Dylan pitched his idea of using his mines in the overall battle plan. His ideas were actually pretty good. Good enough to impress Zeus which says a lot. 

After Zeus had told everyone the general plan, he assigned people to do certain jobs for the day in order to prepare. 

By the end, people knew what they were doing and dispersed. Everyone, except me. Zeus didn't assign me to any jobs probably because he thought it would stress me out and as much as I am stress, I think I would feel worse if I wasn't doing anything. 

Zeus had left the room without saying anything to me. I wasn't hurt by it which was surprising to me. I feel like the Lily from a few months ago would be devestated if Zeus did something like that. But I guess I'm not her anymore...or maybe I am just a more...grown version. I let Zeus go. He knows I'm here to talk, so I'm going to wait until he decides to come to me to talk. 

For the time being I went outside and saw Donny and Sozin carrying some shovels into the woods. 

"Hey!" I called out. 

They came to a halt and turned around. 

As I walked toward them I said, "What're you guys doin?"

"We're diggin the holes for the mines," Sozin said, "Why?"

"Can I come and help?" I asked. 

Donny and Sozin glanced at each other, "Are you allowed?" Donny asked. 

I raised my brow, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Donny shrugs his shoulders, "I dunno, hasn't Zeus assigned you to anything else?"

I rolled my eyes, "He hasn't told me anything. And besides, he doesn't decide what I can and can't do."

Sozin chuckles and turns around, "Well come on then. We've got an extra shovel."

I smile triumphantly and walked with a skip in my step as I followed the boys. Do you remember that feeling when you were a little girl and your brothers finally let you hang out with them and their friends? I felt like that.

We shifted into our wolves and ran for a couple of hours. We finally arrived at the place where Zeus wanted the war to happen. 

We shifted back into our human forms and grabbed a shovel.