CHAPTER 49

Sozin mind linked us and said they were at some bar motel. So that was where we were headed. None of said anything. We haven't said a word to each other.

I couldn't feel anything much. I felt numb. Except I noticed a hole in my heart. A place special reserved for the guy that sacrificed himself for me. An overwhelming sense of guilt was drowning me to the point I had a hard time breathing.

We finally got to the bar motel place. Zeus walked inside, still carrying me. Dylan was still pale as ever. Sozin was laughing at the bar as usually, he saw us come and got off the stool, "Guys! You're here! Look I know losing the battle is pretty shitty but this only means we have a second chance at getting Nikolai. We know exactly what we're handling here now so I thought of a plan for once in my life, I thought maybe...we could....wait." As he came closer and closer to us he saw the state we were in.

He stopped in his tracks, "Hey what's wrong?" His eyes looked at everybody that came in and frowned, "Where's Donny? Is he outside?"

I felt my eyes sting with tears. Sozin looked at me and I saw him physically pale. He shook his head and stumbled backward. He leans against the bar and shook his head, "No. No he's not." He said while staring at Zeus.

I looked at the rest of our friends and family. Eudora took one look at me and immediately looked down at her hands. She knew.

Ozai got up from the table and approached Sozin. He touches his shoulders, but Sozin shoves Ozai back, "NO! He's not! Where the hell is that motherfucker! He's like a fucking bug, he can't die! That's impossible!"

Sozin stomps outside and we hear him yelling and cussing. All of us were silent. Zeus gently puts me down on a chair and kisses my forehead. He walks to a bar and gabs a shot. He whips his head back and sculls it down. He throws the glass, making it smash against the wall. He turns around with his jaw clenching.

"Nothing I say will bring him back. Nothing I say will make you all feel better. But I am going to make a promise. His death will not be in vein. I won't let his death be for nothing," He snarls through his teeth, "I am going to kill Nikolai, whether is be the last thing I'll ever do."

Zeus leaves and grabs a random key the bartender guy gives him and goes up stairs. Eudora got up. She went to the bar and got a tray. A tray filled with shots. She goes around the whole room and gives everybody one glass. She stands in the middle, her eyes red from crying. she raises her glass, "He was like a son to me."

Ozai raised his glass, "He was a little brother."

Kurt got up and raised his glass, "He was like an annoying little cousin, but the good kind."

Dylan shakily stood up, still pale. He was raised his glass and was silent for only a few seconds, "He was a good man. Who loved with his whole heart."

"He was my best friend." We all turned around and saw Sozin at the door carrying a bottle filled with vodka, "He was my partner in crime. He was a brother. My companion. My friend."

My uncles and cousins did not say anything. They all still wore a look of grief even if they didn't know Donny for that long, but that's the kind of guy Donny was. He impacted people deeply even if he didn't know it.

I stood up and raised my glass, "He took care of me from the very start. He was understanding and kind to me. He was my friend and I will be forever grateful for the time I had with him."