CHAPTER 31

I didn't go to dinner that night. I also didn't go to Zeus's room. I decided it was best to stay in my own room for now. 

I laid there, still. I didn't know what to think of Zeus. I mean, in my head, I knew he would've done horrible things, but I guess seeing it with my own two eyes only made it more real. Now when I look at him, I can't stop thinking of the blood. 

But I understand that those vampires would've killed me, and the Hellhounds handled it in a way only they knew how, but I could see it wasn't just about revenge or justice, they liked it. They liked the violence and chaos. Zeus liked it. I could see in his eyes. He loved how messy and chaotic it was and it scared me. 

But is that really him? Is that who he is?

I felt myself tense when I heard steps coming toward my door. The shadow under the door was standing there for a long time, but I relaxed when I saw it retreat. 

We had kissed, which means that our relationship isn't just one of tolerance. We're not just being civil anymore, we've moved forward without even realising it. And I thought maybe we could get to a place where we actually had a relationship, where we could be mates, not just...well whatever we are now. 

Could I live with him like this? Could I be with him knowing that he would have those tendencies, those dark desires within him. Could I be with him as the monster that he is? I didn't know the answer. If I were to choose him...would it be wrong?

If only I had Carrow to talk to. She was always so wise, and she was there when my uncles and aunts had their relationships, she could give me advice. 

But she isn't here, none of them are. I am alone with my own thoughts.

***

The next morning I got ready pretty early. I readied myself for the day. As I put my jacket on, I felt the locket bump my chest which reminded me that I even had it on. I contemplated taking it off. It's a picture of Zeus, the picture of a blood thirsty monster. In the human world, his blood-thirst could be labelled as a psychopath, or a serial killer. 

I decided to leave it on. I didn't see the point of taking it off and having there be a possibility of Zeus finding it in my room.

I went downstairs and went to the library. I left my notebook there. I entered the room and was looking over the desks and floors for my notebook. At first I didn't see him, but after him moving a little my eyes caught him. 

"Ozai?" I said slowly and questionably. 

He was sitting on the couch. He was very still, too still for a man that's awake. He was shirtless, his colourful tattoos were on display. He had a bottle of jack daniels and he was staring into nothing. But when I said his name, his eyes whipped to me and they widened, but he immediately looked down, almost like in shame. 

"Lily..." He said quietly. 

"Have you seen my notebook?" I asked bluntly. I left no room for playing around. I justed wanted to get my stuff and leave.

He gulps and shakes his head, "No, I haven't." His voice sounded so subdued, there was no trace of the blunt and matter-of-fact voice of Ozai anywhere. 

I sighed, I was about to turn around to leave, but then I remember something.

 I turned back around and asked, "How do you create the portal to get from this world to the human one?"

Ozai raises his head to me, "Zeus has got it, but I doubt he would give it to you. Why do you need it?"

I just shrugged, "I just wanted to see Carrow, a family friend."