CHAPTER 12

ZEUS

"Why can you not help me!" I growled. 

She scowls at me, "You know I don't deal with dark magic anymore, Zeus. So stop asking me!"

I snarled, "You know her secrets, you know every loop hole there is. How can you refuse me? Refuse Lily!"

She hobbles her frail body to a chair, "She is my mother, she is smart, Zeus. There can be no loop hole. She would know that if there is, I would figure it out."

I curled my hands in a fist, "Then at least find a way to ensure, Lily's safety, I need her to be alive in order to break my curse."

Carrow shook her head, "She is linked to the curse, I cannot help you. No one can. You need to let it go."

"No," I stood up from my chair, "I will get someone who will help me." And then I stomped out of the cottage, shifted into my wolf and ran to my next destination.

LILY

"You're doing it wrong!" Complained Donny. 

"I'm blind!" I exclaimed as I tried to hold the arrow up. I stretched my arm back and I let go. 

"Shit!" I heard Donny shout as he thumped unto the floor, "That could've been my head!" He yelled at me. 

"I am Blind! And besides you should have told me where to point!" I yelled back. 

I giggled when I heard him muttering under his breath as he got the arrow and came back to me. 

"How am I supposed to know where to point." I argued.

"Sound." He said, "You have been relying on your senses for years now, try to focus on your hearing. Hear where your target it."

I rolled my eyes, "How am I supposed to hear a target board, Donny?"

"Ummm...I know!" Donny said excitedly, "Wait here!" I hear him run off and about ten minutes later he came back.

He put his hands on my shoulders and slightly positioned me, "Okay now do your form." I grabbed the arrow and pulled back my arm. 

"Okay now, listen." He instructed me.

"Hey Donny! I don't think this is a good idea!" I heard Sozin yell anxiously from a distance. 

Donny chuckled, "You're bloody immortal! It's the best idea! Now shut up and try to be quiet!"

I was amused at there bickering. 

"Okay, Lily. Sozin is going to walk around the grass, now all you need to do is listen and try to shoot where you think he is."

I nodded my head. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I listened. At first I heard nothing, but then I concentrated harder and harder I could hear the crunching of grass and slight thumping noise. A heartbeat. 

I smiled, "Got ya." I took another deep breath and as I exhaled, I let go of the bow and let the arrow fly. 

I waited for any indication that I got him. I heard nothing. I was disappointed until I heard a very feminine scream and then a very manly voice, "Bloody Hell Lily!"

I laughed, "I didn't know you could scream like that Sozin!"

"Ha Ha, very funny." I heard him run near us. 

"Did I actually get you?" I asked. 

"No...you just skimmed through my flesh!" I was disappointed, but nonetheless happy, "At least I almost got him!"

I gave him a high five before he congratulated me, "Alright! We'll make a badass out of you in no time."

"Yeah but right now, it's shower time for me. I am sweaty and sticky."