CHAPTER 22

I turn over in my bed and snuggle deeper into the warmth. My bed felt amazingly soft and silky. I breathed deeply in my nose and snapped my eyes open to realise that I was not in my room. 

I groan and sat up. I forgot Zeus forced me into sleeping in his room. I was relieved to see that he was no where in sight. 

My eyes caught a sense of light from the balcony and my breath was caught in my throat when I saw the sun streaming through the curtains. I leap out of bed and open them fully. My eyes were in shock to see the snowy gardens and trees were bathed in the morning sun. 

"What the hell," I mumbled to myself in bewilderment. It's the day? And I could still see? I looked up at the sky to see the moon on the opposite end to the sun. It was still glowing as brightly as it did in the night. I was happy that the night had stopped and we could bask in the light once again. But a part of me was anxious. I felt as though my time using my eyes was soon to come to an end. 

"Thank goodness. I was sick of the night," I heard Zeus grumble. 

I turn around and felt heat creep on my cheeks when I saw Zeus come out of his bathroom in only a towel. I've never seen him so...casual. 

My eyes travelled down his muscular body. The droplets of water still on his tight abs. His arms were literally my thighs. He was just so damn massive! He looked so...so...unearthly. He was absolutely and shockingly...gorgeous

But my astonishment was soon distracted when I saw all of the scars on his body. Probably from countless battles he's been through. but it somehow only added to him.

"It's not a pretty picture is it?" Zeus said while looking through his drawers. 

My eyes snap up to him, "What? Oh...ummm...I was just-"

"It's fine, Lily. I don't care."

I sat on the bed and hesitantly asked, "How'd you get them?"

He pulled a shirt out of his drawers and said, "I woke up like this."

I stilled in astonishment, "Like when you woke up in the garden with no memory?"

He nods his head, "Yes. I don't know how I got all these scars. They were already there when I woke up."

He drops his towel revealing...well everything! I smacked my hands over my eyes, "A little warning please!" I yelled at him. 

I hear him snicker, "You've never seen anyone naked before?"

Was he joking?  "I've been blind for most of my life, asshole!"

"Oh yeah...forgot about that." He snickered.

I roll my eyes and sit the other way, "Why are you up so early, anyways?"

"I gotta do some work."

"Work?" He works? "I never knew you actually had stuff to do. I thought it was just you three? You don't have a pack so...what do you even do?"

"You can turn around now." He said. 

I turned around and squinted my eyes first just in case he was lying. But fortunately for me, he was. He was buttoning up his fancy shirt, "I never said I didn't have a pack now did I?"

I opened my mouth to argue, however, I recalled that he actually never said anything about not having a pack, "I guess."

"I've got an army, Lily. I have to take care of them as well as their families."

My brows raised in surprised. I sat still as I was processing another bunch of new information. 

He chuckles, "Surprised?"