CHAPTER 11

It was 1723. 

The woman was getting ready. She made sure everyone in her household was fast asleep. She cannot get caught. 

She puts on her coat and climbs out of the window and down the rope she had tied. Once she lands on her feet, she grabs on to one of the oil lamps to help light her way. 

Her feet were bare as she made her way through the beautiful forest. She was always afraid coming, but knowing who she will meet always quieted her fear. 

Up ahead, she saw another lamp, hanging in a tree. A man standing there with his back faced towards her. 

She could not help, but smile at the sight of him. Her heart fluttered, and her legs became weak. 

He hears her approach. He turns around and sees her. 

"Took you long enough," He says sheekily. 

She giggles as she runs towards him and lept in his arms. He laughs as he caught her. She smashes her lips against his. She wraps her arms around his neck, and he himself tightened his hold around her. 

"I feel as though I have not seen you in years."

He chuckles, "It's only been three days, darling."

She lays her forehead against his and whispers, "That's three days too long."

He smirks. He puts her down on her and ushers her to sit down next to him. 

They laid there for what felt like hours. Talking and laughing, the ocasional kissing. She laid her head on his chest as they looked up at the stars. 

"I love you, Zeus." She says. 

He kisses her head and says, "And I love you, my beautiful wife."

"So how is the house going?" She asked. 

"It is going well. My brother's and I have been building a little more faster. I just want to get it done."

She nods her head silently. She snuggles closer to his chest and sighed. She closed her eyes, blocking out all of the negativity, but it never seems to work no matter how tight her are eye are shut. 

"What's going on in that head of yours, darling?"

She sat up and turned around to sit facing him, "We have been married in secret for a year." She stated. 

Zeus nods his head, "I know," the he smiles, "And what a wonderful year it's been."

She smiles, but it quickly fades, "It has been wonderful. But I can't help, but wonder, is it always going be like this? A secret?"

Zeus's expression falls slightly. He leans against the tree and rubs his face as he releases a big breath, "You know the answer, my darling. It won't be like this forever, but until I sort some things out, no one can know about us."

She nods her head sadly, "I know. It's just..." Her eyes started to glisten a bit, "I feel as if you are keeping things from me. Secrets. You are not like other men, Zeus. You are different."

Zeus tensed at her words, "I am but a man, my darling."

She shook her head, "No you're not. Your presence is not like other men. It feels...different. You have this sort of, ancient atmosphere around you and I do not understand it. I see other men, they nod at you as if they are bowing to you."