CHAPTER 24

"So that's your boyfriend?" Zeus said as he guided me around the room to the rhythm of the music. 

"Ex boyfriend." I corrected him. 

"He looks like he's twelve."

I roll my eyes, "Well not everyone is hundreds of years old, Zeus."

He pushes and pulls me gracefully as we danced.

He twirled me around and then stopped me with a firm hand on my waist,"You fell in love young?" He asks. 

We separated to the sides, making a path where other couples danced through. It was a very traditional dance. We finally stepped back together. I did not look at him and answered, "Yes, we were young."

Zeus observes my every move closely, "He affects you. Do you still love him?" He asks bluntly

"No!" I snap at him, "Can we please just drop this topic?" The subject of our conversation was dampening my mood and quite frankly...I guess I still kind of felt hurt by Ryan. Seeing him now, I realised he is a weak and overly-emotional, desperate, prideful male. But he had been a part of my life, once. And I can't take that time back and I can't deny that that time affected me a lot.

Zeus's eyes softened slightly but soon masks it again with his usual hard exterior, "He hurt you." He stated. 

I felt my tears sting my eyes, but I quickly blink them away, hoping he didn't see them, "Like I said, this isn't exactly a light conversation for a dance."

Zeus didn't push on the subject and I was glad. I didn't want to talk about him anymore. The song had ended, Zeus steps away and bows as I curtsy. 

He stands up straight to his full giant height. He turns around and walks back into the crowd. 

"Well you guys looked quite close." Genevieve commented as she stood beside me. 

I roll my eyes, "Hardly. We're civil, I guess."

"He seems like he likes you?"

I gave her a look. She giggles and sighs, "Fine. Maybe to you he doesn't exactly like you, but he at least seems fond of you?"

I snicker, "Gen, he's the Alpha Hellhound...he doesn't feel anything." I march past my sister to see Donny standing in the corner with a drink. 

I go and stand next to him, "Why aren't you dancing with any of the unmated females?" I asked. 

Donny shrugs and takes a sip of his wine, "I've been to many of these. Every year the females always put on their games faces to try and flirt as hard as they can."

I scrunch my nose, "Gross. You guys aren't even that good looking." 

Suddenly Sozin appears next to me, "Excuse me? Did you just say that we aren't good looking?"

I roll my eyes, of course he would be the one to hear that. 

"For your information, you are only a quarter right...because I...am freaking gorgeous." He says with his smug smile, "I mean, I just say the word, and every female here would want to have sex with me."

I laugh, "That is not true! I am sure there is at least one smart, self-respecting female here."

Donny tilts his head with an iffy expressions, "He's kinda right, though."

Sozin clasps Donny's shoulder, "That's the spirit Donny boy! It is time to accept your ugliness and worship my perfectness. Strive to be like me and you'll succeed in life!"

Donny shoves Sozin off and scoffs, "Thank you for reminding me of how self centred and arrogant your ass is, Sozin. I had almost sweetly forgotten and thought good of you for minute."