CHAPTER 39

ZEUS

I wake up during the night from a strange feeling. I was on high alert as soon as my eyes opened. I sat and examined the room. I look to my right to see Lily was still fully asleep, as she should be. I climb out of bed and went to stand at the balcony. My eyes roamed the area. I couldn't find anything, but the unsettling feeling was still lingering. 

I quietly went around the castle, checking up on different rooms. A very strong presence began to make itself known. Someone was lurking in my castle. 

I went down stairs, making sure all of my senses were on alert. 

"ZuZu, long time no see, old friend."  Oh hell no. 

I stood there and sighed as I crossed my arms, "What're you doing?" I asked. 

She walks down the steps with a white smile, "Strange, something must be wrong if you're not giving me your sassy ass attitude, ZuZu."

"These are stressful times, Eudora, I don't have time for such things."

She struts down as if she owned the place...as usual.  She flashes her sharp teeth as her sharp purple eyes study me, "You have a vampire chasing you."

I roll my eyes, "So you do know why I'm in such a shitty mood."

She smiles, "I know everything, you should know that by now."

Another voice reaches my ears as it enters the room, "ZuZu, why don't you have a 24/7 cook around here, huh?" Eudora's twin comes in holding a bitten apple. He smiles, "You're just as handsome as the last time I saw you...if not more handsome."

I hold my hands up, "If you two are here just to torment me, then fuck off because this is not the time at all."

Kurt laughs and growls, "Ooohhh say it again, except angrier, I like'em dominant."

Eudora giggled, "Okay okay! Goodness, ZuZu!"

"Zeus." I growled in frustration. 

She rolls her eyes, "Zeus," She sits on the fur couch and crosses her legs. "You know what we are. We've known each other for at least a hundred years. You've always been loyal to us, now it is our time to return the favour."

I lean against the wall, "Continue."

Kurt steps forward, "We will join you in your fight with Nikolai. There are clans of skin changers that are loyal to us, they will fight also."

I kick off the wall, "You would bring the clans together? To fight for me?"

She stands up and nods, "For you? Of course. You're our family Zeus. Family defend each other, protect each other, and that is exactly what we're gonna do...right up until we all fall in the black hole."

Kurt step forward, "Or you can always just fall into my black hole, ZuZu." 

And as usual...Eudora snaps, "Really Nigga? I just had this lil inspirational speech and you just haaaddd to go and kill it."

Kurt snorts, "Shut up, bitch. ZuZu, already got the memo. No need to get all emotional on us."

 You know its starts to get heated Eudora begins to clap her hands with her long ass nails while shoutin, "Nah you shut up, you bitch ass nigga! You don't know nuthin about being inspirational and shit!" 

Kurt snorts again, "And shit? What kinda inspiration is that? Nobody asked for inspiration! Just tell'em we gon fight for him and dats it! Why we gotta get all emotional!"

"Because is it an emotional time, Kurt! Can't you get it in yo fat head? Hmm?"

Kurt rolls his eyes and examines his long silver nails, "Why you gotta get all ghetto on my ass, Dora."