CHAPTER 25

Zeus rushes down the corridor to his room. He lays me on the bed where I was surrounded by his scent. I take a deep breath filling my lungs with intoxicating smell. I exhaled and my body sags in relief. I just took deep breathes slowly. Zeus sat next to my lying form and I noticed he was gripping me hand tightly.

"Just breath slowly. I'll get you a water." He leaves for only a minute and came back, placing the glass of water on the bedside table.

He backs away from the bed and began to pace around the room. His bow tie and buttons were undone raggedly.

I slowly sat up and gulped, but winced from the swollen feeling. Zeus was growling and mumbling to himself. His eyes intensely focused.

He was nervous. He snarled as he takes his shirt off and returned to pacing, "I'm wanna kill'em. I want to fucking kill him with my bare hands."

I sat up and asked softly, "Was that the first you've seen him since your wife-"

"Yes," He growls, "He killed her. He fucking killed her. And now he's back to take you." Zeus stops pacing and sat down on a chair he rests his head in his hands. I gulped and looked down at my hands. He was worried. Worried about what could happen now that Nikolai has returned to only steal again from Zeus.

Zeus leans back in his chair and stairs at the floor with no emotion, except one. Hatred. He sighs and closes his eyes, "He took everything from me." Zeus sat there in silence. I didn't know what to say. I was living in my own fear too. If I didn't do what he says he will kill my family and then kill me. I felt this weight on my shoulders. I didn't know what to do.

"She was pregnant, you know." Zeus says in a low and dark voice. He looks at the wall, totally expressionless, "I came home and I saw Lillian dead on the kitchen floor. She was due any day. And I see...my child ripped out of her stomach lying next to her...lifeless body."

Oh my goodness. Lillian was pregnant when Nikolai killed her. His eyes shimmered slightly. Zeus was clenching his jaw as he was fighting back tears. He gulped and said, "The baby was a girl," He waited a couple more seconds before saying, "We were going to name her Everly. I killed a whole village that night. I lost it. I snapped. And I never came back the same."

He stood up and snarled, "I am going to make him suffer. He will not die for a long time. I will make him wish he never touched Lillian...or you, ever again." He sat there fuming while gripping the locket around his neck.

I didn't realise I was crying until I felt my tears fall unto my lap. I didn't exactly like the fact that he was going to build a life with this woman instead of waiting for his mate, but it was still terrible how it all ended. No one deserves that. 

He has been through so much pain. So much suffering. And even though he was married before...I felt horrible for his wife. How horrible a death she had. Her child was ripped out of her stomach. I pressed my hand on my own belly and imagined my very own pup, I couldn't even imagine the thought of such a brutal death upon my child.

I wiped my eyes and looked up. Zeus was staring at my hand over my stomach. He stood there staring so intensely.

"Nikolai said that he has an army," I said softly, "He will kill my family if I don't do the ritual soon...and then he will come after me."

I was a little afraid when I saw Zeus. His facial expression can only be described as deadly, "Don't worry, Lily. He will not touch you let alone look at you before I rip his fucking head off his body." Zeus storms to the bathroom and slams it shut. I flinch from the loud sound.