CHAPTER 45

Dylan took us all to this weird Irish bar in town. It was a nice place. All my uncles sat up at the bar and got everybody a drink. The rest of us sat up on these high wooden tables. I spotted Zeus and my father talking in the corner of the bar. It looked like a serious conversation, but both of them didn't look angry and they haven't punched each other yet which means it must be okay. 

"Lily, aren't you having a drink?" Dylan asked, gesturing to the empty space in my hand. 

I smiled and shook my head, "No, I haven't really ever drunk any kind off strong alcohol before and by the look of this place...it doesn't like they serve any juice."

"Why? Are you pregnant?" Dylan asked. 

I crossed my arms over my chest and frowned defensively, "No! Not that it's any of your business."

Dylan chuckles and took another sip. 

Sozin butts in, "But you guys are...like you're...you know? Using protection then?"

I gulped and was trying to figure out a way to get tout of this conversation. 

"Come on guys! Leave the poor girl alone, she has enough to deal with right now." Eudora said.

I caught Dylan staring at me suspiciously and then he began to grin, "You haven't done the deed, have you?"

Eudora's head whips to me and said, "You haven't done it?"

"Why is it such a big deal! So what!" I said, "We've both been...busy with this whole Nikolai crap that we haven't thought about it."

Eudora snickered, "Oh honey, trust me...I think that's all he's been thinking about...I think he's just waitin on you to say the okay."

I gulped, "You think so?" I looked over my shoulder at Zeus, he was talking to my father still, but his eyes looked at me and I whipped my head back around to avoid eye contact. 

Eudora put her arm around my shoulder, "Honey, I know so."

Is that why he's been so frustrated lately? Was he...sexually frustrated? 

Eudora guided my away from the guys and to another table. 

"I know we don't know each other, but right now, me and you are the only females in this damn team."

I sighed and leaned back on my chair, "Yeah, it's hard being a female sometimes."

Eudora laughs and nods her head in agreement, "You're not wrong. But look, I know things are tense right now, especially with the whole Nikolai think pressing down on all of us. But just be with your man."

I tilted my head a little confused. Does she mean-

Her eyes widened and she shook her head," Oh no no! I don't mean be with him...like that. That stuff happens only when you're ready. I mean just be with him, enjoy each other's company. And enjoy you're time with everybody right now."

I smiled, "Thanks, Eudora. I'm just gonna go think."

Eudora shook her head, "No honey, you've been thinking this whole time. Feel instead. Come on," She stands up and holds her hand out, "Let's go for a little boogie."

I smiled and got up. Maybe she's right. Maybe I do need to just stop thinking. We went to the dance floor where some of the others were. 

We started to dance to the beat of the song. Eudora laughs in excitement, but then rolls her eyes, "Do they ever play anything other than Irish music?"