CHAPTER 9

LILY

"Z-Zeus?" Said the man shakily. Fear riddled his body, "You're with Zeus? The HellHound?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but yet again, Zeus answered for me.

"Yes, she's my mate. Why are you talking to my mate, Jerald?"

"D-Don't worry, Zeus, I have a girlfriend. I was just making small talk, is all."

"I didn't ask if you have a girlfriend," Zeus snarled, " I asked why you are talking to Lily."

The man shakily said, "I-I-I just wanted to talk, Zeus, that's all. Nothing more."

Zeus leans in and says, "Then fuck off, Jerald, before I kill you."

I heard the man scurry off quickly, leaving me alone with the one person I wanted to get away from, right now.

ZEUS

I watched the guy run off, as he should.

Lily turns to me with a scowl, "You shouldn't have been so mean, he wasn't doing anything wrong."

I grabbed her arm tightly and pulled her against my chest, I growl, "You don't know this world, Lily. You don't know what these people are like. That nice guy, you were talking to, his name is Jerald Huffer, he's a known predator. All the females come here with their men so than Jerald won't kidnapp them, rape them, kill them, anything!"

I could see the shock in her eyes, and a slight bit of hurt. I could see that she genuinely thought he just wanted to talk, but now realising that it was an act must be a shock.

"You shouldn't have snuck out, Lily. This world is not safe for someone like you."

"Someone like me? What, a blind girl?" She said defensively.

"No, a mate of a Hellhound. I have enemies, they will do anything to have someone like you."

She shook her head, "I am of no importance to you."

I lean, "Like I said, you're my main ingrediant to make my plan successful."

Hurt flickered in her eyes. She pulls away from me, "Well you're going to leave without me, I'm staying here to have fun."

Then she goes into the crowd to dance. I growled in frustration. I took a seat, deciding to let her have her fun for a little bit, but I made sure to watch her the whole time.

Donny came out of the crowd, searching the place, probably for Lily. His eyes widen when he sees me, and his skin paled signifcantly. Fear sparkled in his eyes, as they should.

I shook my head at him, telling him that he's in big trouble. He went back into the crowd, probabaly to get Sozin. 

I stay back and lit my cigar as I watched all of these drunk wolves make fools of themselves. Ozai was sitting on the other side of the club, probably also watching Lily.

I watched my mate dancing with a big smile on her face. The way she rolled her hips was doing things to me. I didn't know she could dance like that. Impure thoughts were running through my mind. I thought of all of our intimate times together. How we fitted so well. I sighed and cleared my head of such thoughts. I needed to focus on her safety. 

LILY

I was dancing to the music, wanting to get lost in it. But my mind was being drawn back to Zeus. His closeness was messing with my mind. Even though he was being a total dick, it felt good him defending me from Jerald. I pretended that it was because he cared for me, that he secretly wanted me as much as I wanted him. I knew he does not, but sometimes pretending makes the hurt a little easier to bear.