CHAPTER 14

The Photo above is Ozai!

LILY

I heard the boys laugh as we were eating our breakfast. It was so different to eating quietly as we once did a few weeks ago. I liked this way better. 

I was cutting my eggs on toast when Donny asked, "Hey, Lil? There's a market happening today. It's kinda like a festival. There will be music and food...all that kind of stuff. Do you wanna go?"

"Yes! Oh my gosh yes!." I exclaimed in excitement. I rest my knife and fork on the table, "I haven't been out of the castle in a while. It will be nice to go somewhere new."

"If you guys are going, you have to be careful," Ozai warned, "Word had finally got out that Zeus found his mate. We need to be cautious about where we go."

"Yeah yeah, I know. I'll protect Lily, don't worry." Donny said. 

The castle was high up on the snowy mountain, where at the base, it was not as cold. I got ready and put on some fairly warm clothes. Donny guided me out of the castle and we began our walk down the mountain. 

I liked hearing my footsteps crunch down on the white snow, "I love snow." 

Donny chuckles, "Well that makes one of us. I've been on top of that snowy castle long enough. I'm about ready to leave it and go live on a tropical island where no witches are allowed."

I giggled, "I guess you're right. It would be annoying to live here for over a hundred years."

"Maybe just a little."

We were almost to the little village when I asked curiously, "When I was younger, my Aunt Mia told me the story of the Hellhound Legend. And her father told it to her...is the story true? I mean, it is accurate, isn't it?"

Donny did not answer straight away, "Umm..." He seemed hesitant to answer, "It is not my place to say, Lily, but I will tell you this. Not all stories that people tell are true."

What does that mean? If the story isn't true...then what was the real story? What actually happened? Questions invaded my mind, as well as my drive and curiosity motivate me to try and answer them. 

"Zeus is the oldest out of the three," Donny told me, "Maybe you should ask him when he gets back."

"If the story isn't entirely true, does that mean what breaks the curse isn't true either? Is there a different way?" I try to press.

Donny sighs, "Stop, Lily, Zeus has told us to promise not to tell you anything. I can't break that promise. I respect Zeus enough to not disobey him."

I huff in annoyance. It wasn't fair! It's not like he really cares about me, why would he care about me knowing anything!

Donny and I walked in silence. I didn't want to talk right now if he wasn't going to answer my questions. We walked for a while longer until my ears tingled from the sound of music up ahead. I was excited! The last time I was out of the castle was when I sneaked out with Donny and Sozin. That was a few weeks ago. 

So hearing the sound of people talking to each other, children laughing, the sound of music and the smell of different kinds of delicious foods was making me fidget with excitement. 

I grabbed onto Donny's arm and tapped it over and over again, "Come on, Donny! Come on!"

He laughs at how I was bursting with energy. I think he was excited too. He guided me well through the market, and through the street filled with bustling people. 

"I wanna hear the music, Donny! Take me to the music!" Donny ushers me through the crowd until I began to hear the familiar sound of instruments playing and voices singing.