CHAPTER 37

In the centre of the cave was a pedestal made out of a black rock merged with some bits of crystals. And what was resting upon this rock was the most exotic and unimaginable flower I had ever seen. 

It was a flower made out of pure glass. Though it's glass shell was such a hard exterior, it looked so alive and so soft. Inside was a bright glowing light that flickered. It seemed as though the glass was holding all of the energy inside together...and it formed the flower. 

"It's real," I said out loud, "Esme's Flower is real."

I carefully made my way towards it, making sure I was not disturbing anything else in the cave. As I approached it, it's beauty only seemed to grow. 

"I'm going to save you Esme," I whispered to the flower.

The flower glowed brighter which surprised me. It's as if...the flower understood me...like how a person would. Esme must really be in there. She has been trapped inside this glass flower for thousands upon thousands of years, waiting for her love to find her. 

I needed to get this to the castle before the war began. I gently placed my hands under the flower and with a slight bit of pressure...I picked it off of it's resting place. I released a breath of relief when the flower was not disturbed by me. 

I giggled to myself. I feel pretty awesome right now. The positive achievement was short lived when I felt a rumble beneath my feet. I frowned. A bad feeling crept into my chest. I quickly wrapped the flower in a thick and soft cloth and placed it in the bag I brought. 

I sprinted toward the tunnels. I ran through as fast as I could, but the ground shaking became more violent. It was hard to place my foot firmly on the ground without stumbling. 

The cracking and grinding of rock echoed throughout the tunnel. 

"No no no no!" I yelled in a panic. Rock began to fall. I pushed my legs to run as fast as they could, but a giant rock had crackled through the roof of the tunnel, dropping right in front of me. I fell to the ground as I was trying to stop. 

More rocks tumbled upon one another, blocking my way to freedom. 

"Maikoh!" I screamed, "Help! Somebody help me!"

The whole entrance was sealed shut my the rocks. I was trapped and Zeus doesn't know where I am. Shit! 

You've really done it now, Lily. Look at what you've done! This is what I get for not telling Zeus anything. If he had come with me, everything would be okay, but no! The moon goddess only appointed me for this bloody task when she could've done like a couple quest where me AND Zeus could be a team and do TOGETHER! BUT NO! Now look at me!

Tears of frustration and panic formed in my eyes, I groaned in annoyance, "I am sick of crying!" I screamed! I was not paying attention to my surroundings when a loose rock from above fell. It struck my head hard, forcing me to fade into the darkness. 

ZEUS

"If we had the battle away from here, in a place of our advantage it could give us a head start in the war." Sozin said from his chair. 

I nodded my head, "We will need find an area where we know best."

Ozai comes forward, "But how will we draw them in?"

I sit forward and rest my elbows on the table while swirling my wine around my cup, "We will lead them into the woods."

Ozai frowns, "The woods? Why? They will expect that?"

"No werewolf would side with a werewolf turned vampired. Nikolai has defiled his werewolf blood, betraying it. He will obviously have other creatures of the dark, but none of them will know the woods like the wolves. We will have the advantage if we were to place it there."