CHAPTER 34

ZEUS

I wake up to the sun rising. My first thought was that I was alone, but I remembered what happened last night. 

I looked down at Lily to make sure it wasn't some dream. She laid there with her back to me, still fast asleep. 

I positioned myself closely behind her. I started at the top of her shoulder. I watched carefully as I ran my fingers slowly down the contours of her body. The sun dancing on her skin made her seem like she was glowing. 

Her beautiful blonde hair shining as if it was the very sunlight itself. I leaned down and kissed her on the shoulder. I kissed up on her neck and slowly onto her cheek. I smirked when I felt her begin to wake. Her cheeks stretched as a smile formed on her sleepy face. 

She turns around and faces me. Her beautiful puffy tired eyes open, "Well I wouldn't mind being woken up like that every morning."

I chuckle, "I would very much like to do that to you every morning." I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss, "Good morning, my flower."

She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me closer, "Good morning, Zeus."

"How did you sleep?" I asked.

She nods her head, "Better than I've had in a while."

I looked at the clock on the wall and inwardly cursed as I saw I would be late for my annual meeting with my warriors. My eyes went back to the glowing form of beauty, "I need to leave. I need to have a meeting with my warriors concerning Nikolai."

Lily pouts, "Can't you stay a little longer?"

I smile and kissed her forehead, "I want nothing more than to stay by your side for the rest of the day. But we need to be ready, flower."

She sighs, "It's okay. I understand. I guess, I just wanted a moment to ourselves, forgetting all this crazy stuff,"

I could see this whole vampire issue was taking its tole on Lily, the light has gone a little dimmer in her eyes. "I know, love, and we will have that. But we are in a raging storm right now, we can't afford to have peace right now. Peace is a luxury we don't have."

She sits up and nods her head understandingly, "I know. I guess it is just wishful thinking."

I grip her shoulders gently, "A wish that will come true, love."

She gives me a small smile, "You should go or you'll be late."

I give her a peck on the cheeks before standing from the bed to head to the shower. 

LILY

I watch Zeus leave to the shower. It felt right being here, in this room, in this bed beside him. I felt like I was where I'm meant to be. 

I had wondered about telling him of what the Moon Goddess had told me. I should be honest with him, but it might do more harm than good. 

Zeus would obviously want to help, but maybe this quest is only mine alone or else the Moon Goddess would have given him an indication to help me. It seems she hasn't. 

I'm running out of time. I look to the moon in the morning sky. The moon won't be up there forever. The goddess has given me the gift of sight in order to find the flower. I can't waste my time. 

I quickly got changed and went downstairs. I went to the kitchen to grab a quick apple when I saw Danny talking to a girl. I froze because I didn't even expect anyone to be up this early. 

Danny's eyes saw me from behind the girl and they widen, he went a little red and laughed nervously, "Oh Hi Lil! I was just talking to-"

"To me!" The girl spun around and it wasn't just any girl. It was my little sister Genevieve!