CHAPTER 8

ZEUS

I went to the library to try find one of the spell books. But when I entered the room, the smell of roses were lingering in the air. Lily was here. I took walked around the room until I found her sitting next to the window, with a blanket. She was fast asleep with an open book on her lap. 

I slowly made my way towards her and cautiously sat next to Lily. Making sure she doesn't wake. Her face was utterly content. There was no anxiety or fear...fear of me. I softly brushed a piece of hair off her cheek and gently stroked it with my thumb. She is a gentle snow flake but with a fiery heart. In her sleep, she turned her face toward my palm.

Worry weaved it's way to my heart. Word would have spread that the one of the Hellhounds have found a mate. I have to make sure that the boys know to protect her at all costs. Through the hundreds of years our wickedness did not come free, there were consequences to our acitons. We have accumilated a number of enemies. They would do anything to get their hands on my Lily. They will not touch a hair on her head, let alone look at her without me killing them first. Nothing can harm you. I will make sure of it. 

LILY

I gasped awake with a bad headache. I groaned in pain as I rubbed my eyes. These headaches are getting worse and worse. I sit up and sensed that I was still alone. I stood up and put the books back where they came from. 

I went to my room, wanting a nice hot shower, that should soothe my mind. I loved how a wave of calmness just floods through my every nerve as I take a shower. It was a place where I could just let loose and relax. That is what I definitely need right now. 

I got my things and went into the shower, I did my normal routine and then I just sat there, letting the water spray on my back as I was thinking. 

These dreams are becoming more and more realistic, they don't feel like dreams at all. I wonder why these visions are attacking my mind now. It was ever since I came to this strange world. As soon as I landed here from that teleportation spell, the dreams hit just like that. Zeus didn't want to acknowledge them neither does anyone else. They all tell me it's just random dreams. But I feel like they aren't. I feel like...almost like...

I shook my head. That's just silly. It is also not possible, even for the supernatural world it would be deemed nonsense, a true fairytale. 

I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes. I was thinking of Zeus. He was always at the back of my mind, just lingering there. Zeus is so complicated. He wants me here, but he doesn't care about me. I am just a part of his stupid plan to break the curse. I am just a pawn in his chest game. I sighed in disappointment. In a strange way I think I have come to the conclusion that I might be slightly grieving. I feel like our mating pull is dwindling by the second. I don't like it. But I know that every time I talk about the mating pull, he takes two steps back. So the ball is in his court. He decides whether this mating thing is worth it, or if its not. I don't have much control over the matter. 

Which frustrates me greatly. I wish that wasn't the  case though. Sometimes I would fantasise about us loving each other, that we would run into each other's arms at first sight. But that's all it was, a fantasy. I don't know what will happen to me when the curse is broken. I don't know what Zeus will do with me. A part of thinks he might just kill me. Abandon me. Reject me. Maybe I should start preparing myself for such things. I can never know with Zeus...He is a Hellhound after all. 

That's enough thinking for my taste. I dried myself and slipped my nightgown on. I walk out of the shower when I heard my bed squeeking like someone was on it. 

"Hello, Lily. Did you have a nice shower?" I heard Donny ask. 

"As a matter of fact, yes. I did have a wonderful shower. Did you need something, Donny?"