CHAPTER 51

ZEUS

I walked through my old home. Everything was wrecked. The curtains were torn. Tables and windows broken. Beautiful paintings torn to shreds. Books burnt, chandelier shattered on the floor. It was all in ruins. As hard it was to see it, this only motivated me more to kill Nikolai. 

I went out back where the garden was. He was waiting. He was standing in the snow, holding a white rose. 

"Roses are so beautiful in the snow. Makes them look so lively." He said. Nikolai turns around and smiles, showing his sharp fangs, "Good to see you again, old friend."

I did not respond. I was in no mood  for pre chit chats. 

Nikolai chuckles and slowly took his cloak off, "Oh Zeus, you have truly not changed have you? You're still your brooding self," Nikolai snickers, "I admit I do miss you, I truly do. If we were under different circumstances...I would want you ruling by my side, you are or at least were my best friend. But seeing as you are to be my new source of power," He smiles widely, "Well I guess we can't now, can we?"

I walk to Nikolai, looking him straight in the eyes until I stood before him, "What're you doing, Nik? You haven't changed either. Always loved playing with your opponent, just like how you play with your food. If I recall correctly, you only ever do that to buy time because you were always afraid," Nikolai stood there with his jaw clenched. I lean in a little more and said in a lower tone, "When you die because you will, it is going to be by my hand. The last thing you will see is me grabbing your head and knowing that I am going to rip it off your pathetic, weak, form that wreaks of fear."

Nikolai's eyes were wide with rage, "I am not going to kill you, Zeus. I only want your blood. I will leave you, chained in the dungeon knowing..." He leans in, "...that I will be in bed with your mate."

My hand which was already in a fist raises up and I slam it down upon Nikolai's face. He goes flying in the air, but he lands on his feet, fangs exposed. 

Nikolai roars as he jumped in the air and tries to take me to the ground. He fails in that attempt, but the impact of his push sends the both of us flying in the air and hitting the ground with a loud thud.

Nikolai picks me up and slams me against the stone wall, he extends his fangs to plunge into my blood vessel. I growl as I push against him, but he's strong, very strong. 

"Just a little bit closer," Nikolai snarls as his eyes were blazing in desperation. 

I look down at his knee. Then I look back up at him, "You're right...just a little bit closer." I said back through my teeth. 

Nikolai pushes harder, making him step forward more. Bingo. I lift my foot and with all my might kick back his knee, causing it to make a loud snap, like a stick. 

Nikolai collapses on the floor yelling in pain while hold his leg. I grab Nik by the neck and lift him, I could hear the clicking of his bones, his pulse beating hard against my hand. 

"You played a game you thought you could win," I growled, "Be careful when you take a man's wife and a man's child and then ask him to play...because he will do anything to win."

Nik's eyes were red from the lack of oxygen. His face swelling up, veins prominent and body shaking. However I didn't notice him grab something from his pocket and and popping it in his mouth. 

I frowned. What the hell did he just eat? 

Suddenly Nikolai's eyes were black...pure charcoal, shining. He smiles down at me and grabs my hand. I force my hand to stay on his neck, but he he shakily takes it off, "What the fuck?" I snarled.