14

Waiting

Jimin has been waiting for hours now. He informed the ambulance people to contact him when Yoongi was okay again. And it's killing him to be waiting, sitting on the couch and jump op when he hears his phone chime and only be met by some useless notification from his classmates or social media. 

Until his phone screams that there is someone calling him. He picks up and almost smashes it against his ear making him wince from the pain. "Hello?" he carefully asks and sighs when he hears an unknown voice, "Is this Park Jimin?"

"Yes, it's me," he says trying to sound as clear as possible. "I'm here to inform you about Min Yoongi's current state. Do you want to hear the information over the phone or at the hospital?" the voice asks and Jimin contemplates with himself for a couple seconds before answering, "I would like you to give me information when I'm at the hospital. I will be there in ten minutes," he answers while taking his jacket off the coathanger in the hallway, his phone pressed against his ear by his shoulder. "Okay, we'll await your visit, Mr Park Jimin," the voice saying before hanging up. 

As soon as Jimin has grabbed all necessary things he quickly exits the dorm and locks the door, telling himself that Taehyung needs to wait if he comes home before Jimin comes back from the hospital. When he's in the street in front of the dorm buildings he quickly makes a gesture to a cab so it can pick him up. "Take me to the nearest hospital, will you?" he says as soon as he gets inside. "Seoul Hospital?" the driver asks and Jimin only nods putting on his seatbelt. 

When he can see the hospital building, he hastily takes out some money from his purse so he can pay quickly when they reach there. When he has paid the driver and exited the cab he runs towards the entrance of the hospital. As soon as he enters he spots the information desk he dashes over, slamming his hands on the table, making the nurse who sits there flinch. "I'm here to receive information about Min Yoongi's state," he says forgetting to say sorry to the nurse for making her flinch. "Uh, yes. He's in room 873. A nurse should be by his side at the moment," the nurse says after she has typed something in her computer, searching for information. 

Jimin turns around and sees different numbers and after he has found the room number, he quickly enters the room seeing the older boy lay on the bed, eyes open and face pale. "Hyung!" he lets out making the older boy avert his eyes to the boy in the doorframe. Jimin rushes over to Yoongi's side taking the latter's hand in his. "How are you feeling?" he asks, completely ignoring the presence of the other nurse in the room. 

"Can I be honest?" Jimin hears the other boy say and he nods slowly looking at Yoongi's face. "I don't know how I feel," he says and the dancer sees tears form in the elder's eyes. "Can I say something, Hyung?" and the older nods.

"I think it's fine that you don't know how you feel. I just want you to know that you can talk to me if you want to. I don't want you to feel pressured about something, okay? I heard that you maybe need some therapy sessions and if you don't want them, you have to promise me that you will talk to someone. It doesn't need to be me, just talk to someone you can trust and talk freely with. And..." Jimin's voice fades out when he hears the older whisper out a "Stop," tears rolling down his face. Jimin quickly reaches up to wipe off the tears but the older pushes his hand away by taking it in his. Jimin hand is now in Yoongi's and he finally realises how small his fingers are. "Big!" he expresses making the older look at him with the most weirded out expression in history. "I mean... Your hands are big. I mean compared to your height and... I will just stop talking," the dancer says shyly making the older laugh at his shyness. 

"Hyung?"

"Hm?"

"You're still holding my hand"

"I know"

"Okay," Jimin says slowly dragging the word. He didn't even notice that the nurse went out of the room until the nurse enters the room again with bandages in his hand. "I need to exchange the bandages on your wrist, sir," he says with a deep voice and Yoongi only nods. "you can stay if you want," he says to Jimin and Jimin only nods until he realises something. "But won't I see your numbers?" he asks and the older only shakes his head, "I want you to see them. I don't mind if it's you," he says with a cute smile looking Jimin in the eyes. But his sentence catches the nurse's attention. "Wait, you're not soulmates?" he asks and Jimin only smiles at him. "No, we aren't. Or I don't know it?" he answers and shrugs, the nurse shrugging back. 

The nurse slowly takes off the bandages of Yoongi's wrist slowly revealing the numbers. When the slightly bloody bandage is off, the numbers are left on display making Jimin gasp loudly. "What the frick-frack!?" he nearly shouts making the older flinch. "Don't say anything to anybody," he lets out when he sees Jimin shocked expression. "And 'what the frick-frack' how old are you? Eight?" he says making Jimin glare at him. "I just don't like cursing," he huffs, making his cheeks puff out. 

"Okay, okay," Yoongi says in surrender. 

"Your numbers are the same as Jungkook's! How the fuck is that possible!?" Jimin squeaks out, Yoongi lifts an eyebrow, "Sure you are the same person who said that he didn't like to curse. And don't tell anybody about my numbers," Yoongi says again. 

"So you're Tae's..?"

"I guess you can say so"

"But it doesn't make sens... Wait it actually does," Jimin says. Yoongi looks at him dumbfounded and confused. "How the fuck would that make sense!?"Yoongi says angrily. "No, Hyung. it's just something that came into my mind. I'll tell you when you're okay again. I have to leave. Just because you have to stay here doesn't mean that I have to. Even though I want to, my stupid mind made me forget the homework we have due for tomorrow. So I'm kinda under time pressure. Please contact me when you're released from the hospital. Bye," Jimin says and gets up from the chair he sat on and releases his hands from Yoongi's grip. "Wait," Yoongi says when jimin has reached the door. He turns around to look at the older, "Yeah?" he answers and hear a sigh coming from Yoongi, "Please don't tell Tae, what happened. Don't tell him what I did or what you saw on my wrist," he asks. "Okay, Hyung," Jimin says but Yoongi's expression harden. "Promise me, Park Jimin," he says sternly making the younger gulp. "I promise Hyung, but what do you want me to say to him when he asks where you are?" Jimin asks and Yoongi shrugs. "Tell him that I'm sleeping at my studio. And tell him to not disturb me," he answers and adjusts himself so he can lay down after the nurse is finished with exchanging the bandages, Jimin gulping when he sees the blood on the old ones. He makes himself snap back to reality when another question hits him, "And where should I get that information from?" he asks and Yoongi rolls his eyes. 

"Okay, listen. If he asks you where I am, tell him that I'm at my studio and that I've asked for peace to work in. He asks if I looked hungry or tired or that shit and you answer that I'll buy something if needed. If he asks where you got that information from, you answer that I said it to you when you came earlier today. And if he doubts if I'm alright, tell him that I'm fine. And if he comes home before you, you tell him that you walked with me to my studio. And make sure that the bathroom looks fine and all that. No evidence from my suicide attempt, got it? Improvise if he asks to my state or something," Yoongi says quickly but clearly making sure that Jimin got it all. The younger nods and then turns around to leave. "And you have to tell me all about the things that came into your mind when you saw the numbers on my wrist. Now you can leave," Yoongi shouts after the younger. 

He sighs and looks around the bare room. He lets out a yawn and stretches his arms, then closes his eyes. After a few minutes, he can hear someone enter. He opens his eyes slowly and sees a nurse at the end of his bed. "Good, news Mr Yoongi. You can be discharged tomorrow after we have changed your bandages," the nurse says and Yoongi hums as an answer before closing his eyes and let himself fall asleep.