25

Friday, 23 July, 19:52

"This is so fun!" Jungkook screams over the big crowd. Yoongi's playlist plays powerfully through the big speakers, around the hall. The party is held in the biggest dance studio on campus, mostly used for competitions and graduations. The two youngest boys jumping around on the "dance floor" giggling to each other. 

Jimin, on the other hand, is sitting on a chair, not far away from the dancing crowd. The latter was trying hard, not to wince every time he breathed and stops his hand every time he wants to press the side, wanting to shut out the pain. He sighs, sipping from the bottle he bought from one of the machines. He sighs again when the stinging pain, starts to pound. "Why the fuck, can't I just drink?!" he hisses under his breath. 

"What's wrong?" he hears a voice say. He looks up and meets a worried par of eyes. "Oh, hey? Nothing. I'm fine. No problems. Nope. Everything is just great," Jimin says quickly, trying not to scream from the pain. The unknown boy sits beside the dancer and looks at him. "You sure? I saw you outside the school. Brave of you to save your friend. But it looked like the car hit you?" the student says and Jimin sighs. The pain in his side almost unbearing. "Yeah," he whispers, making the stranger gasp. "Oh my god, why don't you have it checked?" he says hysterically but Jimin shakes his head. "I'm fine," he says and closes his eyes, "Really."

"Oh, okay. I'm Seokjin by the way. Entertainment major," the other person says and takes out his hand. Jimin looks at the hand and stretches his hand out, ignoring the pain in his side. "Park Jimin, dance major," he says and forces a smile. 

"Why are your date?" Seokjin asks and Jimin shrugs. "Somewhere?" he says but it comes out as a question, making the other smile. "Somewhere?" he asks and Jimin shrugs. 

"Yeah," he says. "Where's yours?" he asks and Seokjin shrugs.

"Can I tell you something?" he says instead of answering the question. Jimin only nods. "I didn't really want to go with my supposed date. I just didn't want to go alone. Call me pathetic, I don't care," Seokjin says and JImin nods again. 

"I don't want to pathetic. Because that would make me more pathetic. I planned to stay home and do absolutely alone because I didn't have a date. And my friend ended up asking me like he was forced to. At least you got asked because that person wanted to go with you," Jimin mumbles but Seokjin hears it clearly despite the loud music. 

"Hyung?" they hear a voice say and Seokjin's head snap up. "Namjoon," he says, blushing. Jimin looks between the two boys and sighs. "I'll leave you alone," he says before limping away.

"Hey, Hyung," Namjooon says with red cheeks. "You look nice," he says and Seokjin blushes. "Thanks. You don't look too bad either."

"Want to go outside and talk?" Namjoon asks and winces afterwards at his use of words. But Seokjin doesn't seem to notice. 

"Of course. I'd love to."

♦♦♦

"Hey, Yoongi-Hyung," Jimin says and turns around, regretting a second after, when he feels a sharp pain on his side. "OW!" he says when the older pokes to his side, where the car hit. "WHY the fucking fuck did you fucking do that?!" Jimin shouts. The older only shrugs. "I just want to confirm my hypothesis. The car hit you," he says and Jimin scoffs. "Of course it hit me," he hisses. 

"Sorry," Yoongi whispers. The younger looks at him in confusion. "I had a thought, that you were hit, but I cared only for Tae, but I knew he was okay and he has Jungkook anyway," Yoongi mumbles and looks down. 

Jimin sighs and pats the older on his shoulder. "It's okay, it's in your "soulmate-nature"," he says and winces when he lets out a small giggle. He gasps when Yoongi pulls him up from his chair. "Let's go outside," he says before pulling the younger towards the hallways. "Hyung, you know that that isn't the way outside, right?" Jimin asks and Yoongi nods, "That's the way to the rooftop," he says.

When the cold wind hits the younger he winces, "S'cold," he says and wraps his arms around himself. Not noticing the two other boys in few meters away from them. And Yoongi doesn't seem to notice either. "Let's go over here," the older mumbles and takes Jimin towards the edge of the roof, sitting down.

"Pretty," Jimin mumbles. "Huh?" Yoongi asks when he hears Jimin's voice. "I said that the view is pretty," Jimin mutters again and sighs. "It's hard you know?" he asks and Yoongi shakes his head making the younger continue, "That one day when I was 16, Jungkook just disappeared. And when he comes back he doesn't remember me. He didn't even have an idea. He just disappears and comes back with an extra number on his wrist and I suddenly don't exist in his memory. And I spend a nice time with him and all that, but then Taehyung appears and I'm on the bottom of his priority list again," Jimin says letting small droplets of tears fall. He sighs and dries away the tears on his face, "And I'm supposed to be happy. That's the image I set for myself. A person who has everything under control. A person with no worries and stress. A person someone would look up to. But I just can't. I just can't be happy. Even though that's what I want the most. Just to be happy. Because how could a person without a soulmate be happy?"

Yoongi sits there, shocked by the other boy's words. "I don't know. I'm sorry," he whispers and looks down at the street underneath them. If he jumped now he would die. He quickly shakes the thought of his head and lets one of his hands dance over the wrist with his numbers. "It's okay," Jimin says through a small smile and winces, "Ow, why the hell does it hurt when I smile? I don't even use any muscles down there," he wines, making the older let out a small smile. 

"I know the feeling," Yoongi blurts out making the younger look at him in confusion, "What do you mean," Jimin asks and Yoongi sighs, "When Taehyung first moved into our dorms, I was automatically attracted to him. But I was an introvert and already suicidal at that time. Our friendship flourished a lot over a couple of months and he said once that he only trusted me. And then he showed me his numbers," Yoongi said with a small sad smile while running a finger over his numbers, "The day after he comes skipping home and says that he found his soulmate. At that time I was pondering about how to tell him that I, an introvert, suicidal, grumpy and gloomy boy who only cared for music, was his soulmate. But I guess  I'm not. 376821 don't mean anything when another boy has the same numbers. And as you said, "my soulmate nature" is happy that Taehyung is happy. But another part is breaking because it's not me who makes him happy. And it hurts a lot more when that part is my heart," Yoongi finishes and sighs. 

"Sorry," Jimin whispers and shakes his head, "I have a feeling that it's my fault," he says while looking at the stars. 

"Why?"

"Why? Well, Jungkook's parents never liked me. Who pursue dance as a career?" Jimin shrugs and shakes his head. "But they accepted Jungkook when he said that he wanted to sing. But it's not my parents, so I don't care. But the thing is that when we said that I and Jungkook were soulmates, Jungkook suddenly disappears and comes home with no idea about who I am. And I have a feeling that his parents had something to do with it. And then we both get enrolled here and here you are. The boy whose soulmate fate I ruined," Jimin says with glossy eyes, tears dripping on his rosy cheeks. 

"It's not your..." Yoongi starts but Jimin cuts him off, "It's my fault and my fault only. If I didn't like dance, Jungkook parents would've accepted me. If I just was someone rich or something, his parents would've liked me be better. If we didn't even tell anything, you wouldn't stand here without a soulmate, If..." Jimin says and soon breaks down in tears. "It's all my fucking fault," he says and sobs quietly by himself. He soon feels arms around him and a breath against his neck. 

"It's not your fault," Yoongi whispers. "And if it is, I don't care. But I'll tell my numbers to Taehyung if you tell Jungkook the things that happened before he lost his memories and got a new soulmate," Yoongi says, oblivious of the two boys behind them. 

"What?" they hear a small voice ask and the two older boys turn around, Jimin breaking down in cries when the pain in his side gets worse. He feels the sides of his eyes black out before his eyes close. 

"Jimin!"

"Hyung!"

"Shit!"