cнαpтer 23

Quote of the chapter: "I'm not avoiding you because I'm angry. I'm just distancing myself because I know I can't have you." -Anonymous

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

cнαpтer 23

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

The next night, Sai had invited the team seven in eating at Ichiraku-his treat.

"It's nice of you to treat us, Sai. But what's the occasion?" Sakura asked as she avoided to sit next to Sasuke. Instead, she sat between Naruto and Sai then Sasuke sat beside Kakashi with Naruto on his other side.

"I haven't been able to join you with your mission so this is the least I could do."

"Thanks Sai!" Naruto dug in his food just as Ayumi served their usual orders.

While they were eating Sai attempted to ask questions about their previous missions, collecting data.

"What did I miss out in the past missions, if I may know?" Sai asked and his teammates shared glances.

"It's okay, he's in team seven." Kakashi stated, still not touching his meal.

Thus, they began story-telling. By story-telling, it meant Naruto telling his adventures and Sasuke correcting on what really happened.

"Then we fought through the ambush-they were really weak. But then this two men came and the battle got exciting!" Naruto continued when Sai questioned.

"Who were the two men?"

"We don't know but they're strong." Kakashi answered promptly.

"Were they part of the ones we fought during the last war? Or maybe I've encountered them during ANBU..." Sai reflected on the possible enemies.

Then Naruto shook his head. "Nah, I've never seen them before but they have this weird upside down music note tattoo and they all wear black. I think they're gothic."

"Judging much?" Sakura intervened as Naruto laughed and took another spoon-full of noodles and advanced to his stories.

"After that Sakura-chan got kidnapped by monsters and-"

"By molesters." Sasuke interrupted then Sai's eyes widened.

"You got kidnapped?" Sai glanced at Sakura who just slurped the noodles she was eating.