cнαpтer 31

Quote of the chapter: "You can't cling to the past because no matter how tight how hold on, it's already gone." -Ted from How I Met Your Mother

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

cнαpтer 31

\\..~**~....~**~....~**~..//

Sorrow and hurt stung Rina like a blast of a shotgun. Her atmosphere was nothing but melancholic ever since her sister, the one who took good care of her, the one who taught her how to use weapons, the one who stood by as her guardian, had joined their parents in paradise, leaving her all alone in the world of cruelty.

It has been more than a week since Tenten was crowned as one of the hereos in saving Konoha and her lifeless body was buried under the ground. However, it was not only her, there were other ninja that were also recognized and their names were written at the crystal for their sacrifice.

And ever since that time, Rina has been down in the dumps.

She knew that Tenten would wanted her to be happy, but how can she when she just lost a part of herself? How if there is no such thing to be happy about?

Yes, they have obtained victory but she also knows about Sakura's arranged marriage-which is not something to be jubilant about. In addition, the whole town is busy building up the wrecked houses and there is construction everywhere.

What's the point of being happy? She was alone.

She thought about those things as she made her way to her team's training grounds. Konohamaru had told her to come over and help him with some things.

He did not exactly specify because he exclaimed that it was important and no questions asked. So, as an old friend, it was the least that Rina could do since she could not hang out with him since the war had occurred.

On the way there, a voice had called her from behind. "Rina!" She looked back and just like that, her heart thumped for the first time after her sister's death.

"Shiro?"

"Hey," He gave a smile that warmed her heart. "Been a long time since you called me that."

Rina shrugged. "Guess so." She remarked as they walked together.

"Where you off to?"

"At the training grounds, Konohamaru told me to meet him there."