Desire

The shrieking shack was just not as it had seemed from looking at the outside of the place, it had been redone with a touch of magic, and everything had been cleaned and looking as new as it had ever been.

“You really did a number on this place Draco. It's not at all how I pictured the inside to be," the young witch gasped as she admired the interior.

"Yes well, it took a lot of concentration, but a few casts of reparo, among other things, made it just perfect," he explained as he walked alongside her. (F/N) smiled at Draco as he squeezed her hand sweetly. "That way, we can continue to have our own Yule ball, with some privacy."

(F/N) blushed and raised a brow. "I'm more interested in looking around the house. This seems like the perfect home I would want to settle in."

Draco looked surprised. "You wouldn't wasn't anything bigger? I mean, I would," he said, thinking of his family's home.

(F/N) smiled at Draco "You know, bigger isn't always better. I was raised well with a good loving mother who had money, but she taught me the values of appreciating simpler things. I wouldn't mind living in a house as small as this, nor would I mind living in a manor."

Draco smiled at her words. "You never stop surprising me, you know that?" (F/N) giggled and kissed his cheek.

Draco walked with the raven-haired beauty around the shrieking shack, which was barley recognizable because of the charms he cast; she was amazed at how much thought he put into this. "For someone who doesn't know romance you just hit it out of the ball park," (F/N) said while reaching out for one of the floating candles. She smiled the light glowing against her lovely (s/c) skin. Draco placed a hand on her soft cheek and kissed her softly and she blushed and kissed back.

"I have a gift for you," he said sweetly while reaching into his back pocket.

"Oh, I have something for you as well," (F/N) responded Draco halted and smiled widely.

"Alright, you go first, then," Draco said, leading her to in front of the fireplace.

"Oh, well alright." (F/N) reached into her clutch and pulled out two small boxes. "Well, I figured I would try and get you something that matched with the Malfoy family crest, also something classy. It sort of reminded me of you, and they're antique. I have a certificate of authenticity in my dorm, it didn't fit in my purse." (F/N)

Draco opened the first box, Jade and 14 k gold cuff links. He smiled up at her, because these were classy indeed, so he put them right on his suit. He then opened the other box, it was a Jade ring. "(F/N) you didn't have to do this, but I love it, thank you." He smiled putting the ring on before kissing her again softly.

(F/N) smiled and looked him in the eyes. "I know we're still fairly newly together, but-" Draco pulled out a ring from his back pocket, a beautiful timeless diamond ring that belonged to his grandmother. His father gave it to him with the pretext he'd propose to (F/N), not because of love, but good breeding and because she would share the same fate as he. Draco had a different motive, though.

He wouldn't engage her because of good breeding nor because his father had told him to do, so but rather that he truly wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He knew they were young, but fate had brought them together and he wouldn't make the same mistake her father made; letting his one true love go. He dropped onto one knee, and that's when (F/N) took a step back, her heart pounded wildly against her chest.