Repercussion

The next few days were completely awkward for Draco and (F/N), and Alison definitely caught on to the tension. She hadn't mentioned it to her just yet, but one day before the next task of the Triwizard Tournament, she couldn't hold in the questions anymore. (F/N) looked over at Draco as the students walked along the hallways, but he kept his head down, trying to focus on making it through the crowd. Alison took note of this and was very confused, but as soon as she was about to say something, (F/N) looked over at her friend and smiled.

"So...have you and George spoke since the ball?” (F/N) asked with a grin. Ali blushed and smiled back, then looked down at her feet to avoid eye contact.

"Well, yes. I am actually going to meet up with him in a few minutes to watch the next task," she bit her lip and paused. "Are you and Draco okay?"

"Yes, well, yeah. You can say we are," her friend answered, smiling.

"You guys haven't spoken a word since then, well, not that I've seen, anyway."

"I know...a lot happened that night, and now we're dealing with the repercussions."

Alison waited for her friend to finish her sentence, but she kept it vague. "What happened?" Ali asked with a small gasp.

"I really shouldn't say," Alison frowned and pulled (F/N) into the abandoned girls' lavatory when no one would have been paying attention.

"Spill it," Ali said crossing her arms.

(F/N) looked around to make sure they were really alone and she also checked to see if Moaning Myrtle was lurking; thankfully the spirit wasn't around right now. "He proposed to me," (F/N) said, displaying the elegant ring. Alison looked in shock, her mouth wide. "And then we had sex in the shrieking shack twice... and then we got caught by Lupin...and well, now Draco can't be seen talking with me, at least not for a while...Severus really let us have it with the punishments..."

Alison stood there in silence, thinking as she took it all in, but the only thing she really registered was that Draco and (F/N) got caught having sex, by a professor, no less. She began to laugh uncontrollably and (F/N) blushed in embarrassment.

"OH MY GOD." Alison laughed so hard she doubled over, having to take a deep breath. "THAT IS REALLY, REALLY RICH. OH, MERLIN'S MONOCLE!"

(F/N) looked sadly to the floor. "It's not funny to me, Ali. Lupin literally pried us off from each other right after Draco had, well, you know...We were all messy and Lupin saw it." (F/N)'s ears got red.

Ali sighed and hugged her friend "Oh, (F/N), I know it's embarrassing, but imagine how Lupin must feel," she smiled, hoping her friend would do the same. (F/N) nodded and smiled weakly back at her friend.

"Don't tell Draco it told you,” she sighed.

"I won't," Alison said sweetly. "Does this mean you haven't had anybody to watch the rest of the Triwizard Tournament tasks with?"

"Well, we can watch it together, Draco and I, but Severus has to be present. And we can't snog or even make any contact with each other. Though he can hold my hand if he's secretive enough," she thought.

This earned another round of scream-laughs from Alison, who had almost slipped on a small puddle on the floor.

"Ali! It is not funny!"

"I'm sorry, (F/N), but it really is!" Alison snorted as she tried her best to keep a straight face, but (F/N) just sighed and walked out of the lavatory.

Dearest (F/N),

I know you have not responded to any of the letters I have sent you, but this one please at least read. I hear congratulations are in order. Severus has let me know that you will be spending some time at Malfoy Manor this summer holiday, but more importantly that you have become engaged. I am pleased to know that you have found love in this world. Though this is something to be celebrated, please be cautious.