Confessions and Birthday Wishes

A/N: Hey loves!! I hope you are enjoying the story! I have some bad news; my laptop is a bit busted, so I sent it over to be repaired, and I won't get my baby back for 2 weeks :( My world is destroyed! Jk! Anywho, this being said, my chapter releases may be a bit delayed, so I'm sorry! Also, I would like to suggest that ya'll go and follow my amazing Editor/Co-writer @Tinalbion. She is literally a heaven sent and you guys would enjoy her stories! I love you all!! Thank you again for all the reads in such a short time!! Enjoy this chapter ❤

---

Alison sat by the lake under her favorite tree, which was the usual meeting spot for her and her best friend. (F/N) had sent a note stating the importance of needing to speak in private. The air was still misty as (F/N) approached in the distance. Alison waved in her direction and (F/N) picked up the pace, wrapping her scarf a bit tighter around her face.

"Hey love, what was so important that you needed to talk in private? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine...It's just I need to tell someone, and there's no one I trust more than you. You are my very best friend," she beamed.

Alison arched a brow finding this a bit weird. "(F/N), please don't tell me you're pregnant."

(F/N)'s face turned a bright red and her ears suddenly felt hot. "Oh good gracious, no!"

Alison laughed at the reaction. "Oh, okay. You just seem off lately..."

(F/N) took a deep breath and looked around, making sure they were completely alone. Once she mentally prepared herself, she slowly rolled up her sleeve on her robes. "Please don't think differently of me, this is nothing that I wanted." (F/N) revealed the mark of the Death Eaters and Alison's face paled.

"(F/N)..." she said slowly.

"My mother didn't run away for no reason, she ran because she was a Death Eater and deserted their cause. And instead of marking her, they marked me. Harry, he was telling the truth and its all just gotten more real for me, I mean...How am I to live like this? My mother tried to fix things and it got her killed, it wasn't a suicide. She wrote me saying that turning herself in would most likely kill her, and now he is back and I have to serve him. I can't go to anyone with this, not even Draco or my father. I just needed to tell someone."

It took Alison a moment to comprehend what was actually happening, so she took a deep breath and scratched the side of her head. "Okay, okay. All I can say is that it will be okay. You're going to get through this alright, love? Someone is going to bring He Who Shall Not Be Named down and you're going to live free... (F/N), is this why you've changed so much over the past few weeks?"

(F/N) nodded and sighed, covering her arm.

"I'm so sorry, I am truly sorry about all of this, and about your mum. It must be killing you," Alison grabbed her hand and held it reassuringly.

"Ali, I am oddly not grief-stricken about my mother. She died a hero, trying to help me, trying to make everything right again."

Ali smiled at her best friend and hugged her tightly. "I'm so glad that you've trusted me to know this secret. I will take it to my grave."

---

The rest of the year flew quickly along with the seasons, Ali had felt horrible that (F/N) was stuck wearing her long sleeve shirts during the increasingly warm days but knew it was necessary. Whenever she could, Alison would have her cat Chessie stand guard in the abandoned girls' lavatory as the pair sat and talked carelessly, allowing (F/N) to lounge about in tank tops, keeping herself cool.

"Draco's birthday is this Saturday" (F/N) mentioned with a worried groan to Alison.

"Oh? What do you plan on getting him?"