Debutante

After Draco had the scuffle with the group of young men, he came back about a half an hour later dressed in a new tux. This one matched (F/N)'s elegant gown, and he smiled as he found her in the crowd.

"Now people will know you're mine," he said pulling her onto the dance floor, rather possessive.

"I will always be yours, no matter what people say, which I'm sure you're aware of," she smirked as she took his hand and placed her free one on his shoulder.

"I am," he said as he kissed her knuckles softly, "I just can't stand when anyone insults you, it's like they are insulting me, and my family as well."

(F/N)'s brow raised slightly. "You know none of that bothers me anymore," she said as they twirled.

"Stop lying to yourself for the sake of peace. It killsyou."

"It does sometimes," she said submissively.

"I know it does," he replied quietly as the song ended.

       She smiled at her fiance who was acting differently, and it was quite obvious to her. Maybe he was still mad about the boys making fun of them, it made sense. Little did she know, something inside of Draco snapped. There was no more of that quiet and passive guy, now he would defend her honor even if it meant getting his suit stained with another person's blood.
After a few more dances, Draco pulled (F/N) away from the crowd and he smiled kissing her hand again. "I never get tired of telling you how beautiful you are," he said lowly as (F/N) blushed and chuckled.

"The young Malfoy and (F/N)," Snape said walking up behind them. "You both have been summoned to go into the library. I will escort you," he said flatly.

     Draco nodded and (f/n) remained silent. She wondered what this was about and the library doors swung open. Inside, forms were outlined in dark robes, and (F/N)'s blood ran cold as Draco's body tensed...these were the Death Eaters. The library doors closed behind them and the hooded figures revealed themselves, the lights slowly raising into brightness. Standing in the middle was Lord Voldemort, Bellatrix was on his right-hand side and on the left-hand side there stood Lucius.

"We figured today would be the perfect day for you two to meet the Dark Lord," Bellatrix said with a grin. Severus walked to the side standing beside Lucius. (F/N) gulped silently, Draco still hadn't let go of her hand.

"Draco, I have heard about what a fine young man you have grown up to be; your father was not wrong," Voldemort said with a smile. "You look like your father did at your age."

"Thank you, sir," he said, bowing his head.

"No need to call me sir, we are like family, you and I."

    Draco nodded looking at Voldemort. Voldemort's smile fell when his eyes flickered over to (F/N). Beautiful and poised, she looked like her mother did, as well as her father.

    "(F/N)," he said more seriously, "step forth." The young witch let go of Draco's hand and did as she was told. She bit her lip nervously and Voldemort looked her over from his chair. "Come closer," He said with a low tone. (F/n) stepped closer "closer," he beckoned and she obeyed, "even closer." (F/N) was now standing right in front of him, face to face with the man who caused her mothers' death. She had a stoic, emotionless expression, much like her father.