-Chapter 4-

Eds POV

All I had on my mind was what I was trying to say to Taylor before she got whisked away to go on stage, it was stupid timing and I should have taken more time to think about what I was going to say but I didn’t.

After about an hour of sitting with my guitar trying to write a new song I heard a knock on the door and one of the stage hands came in saying I had 10 minutes before going on stage to perform Everything Has Changed with Taylor. Knowing this would be the last time ever performing it on the RED tour made me feel upset but I tried not to think about that knowing that I had to look happy in front of the audience.

I heard Taylor announce my name and I ran up the steps at the side of the B-Stage, guitar in hand. I leaned in to Taylor and wrapped one arm around her waist and the audience went mad.

“I’m sorry about before” I whispered into her ear so only she could hear it, she gave me a sweet smile and slowly walked back to her mic stand.

“Good to go?” I asked her as we both started strumming the opening chords of the song as we had done every night for the past year.

The song went by really fast and before I knew it we were hugging again and I was walking off stage and back to my dressing room, still thinking about what I had said, or tried to say, earlier that evening.

I decided to write a note to Taylor and leave it in her dressing room for when she had finished the show. I have always preferred to write things down rather than say them in person, I am a songwriter after all!

I grabbed a pen and ripped a sheet of paper out of my song writing book, it took me a while to think what to write but it all came rushing out onto the paper.