-Chapter 7-

Taylors POV

We got comfy on the couch and I told Ed that he could watch the end of his film, I know him well enough to know that it was The Hobbit and I had seen it multiple times anyway so I didn’t mind.

Ed put on his film after informing me that there was only about 20 minutes left. I snuggled up to him as close as I could before letting my body relax and fall into a deep sleep. A much needed deep sleep. This is the first night in many that I would fall asleep knowing that I am safe and loved.

I only realised that I must have fallen asleep when I could hear Ed whispering into my ear and shaking my body gently in hope that he would wake me up.

“Wake up love, my arm is dead and I can’t feel it” he whispered sounding in pain. I couldn’t help but giggle slightly as I was trying to wriggle his fingers around that now lay on my hip, saying that he couldn’t feel them.

After a couple of seconds I managed to sit myself up and I turned to look at Ed as he was waving his arm around in the air like a child, overreacting.

“Phew, I thought I would never be able to feel it again!” he exclaimed, sounded slightly out of breath from the panic.

Now aware that he had full feeling in his arm I scooted closer to him and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He gently rubbed my arm, realising that I was cold after sleeping on the couch with no blankets, and kissed me on the top of my head. It was so light that I hardly felt it but I did, that’s one of the things I love about Ed, he is so caring and gentle, he doesn’t have a nasty bone in his body.

That same day after getting ready and getting our things packed to go home Ed asked me if he could take me out on a proper date. I of course accepted the offer and we made arrangements to go out in Nashville in a weeks time from now, next Wednesday.